Aeroscreen vs Windscreen

thos

Having driven both - for me it would be aero for track and full screen for road and general use  :)  :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oioi

• Matt Seabrook

• Mark B

• a4gom

ive done about 20000 miles with windscreen and about 20000 miles with the aero.  i wouldnt go back to the windscreen.  visibility is p*** poor in the rain.  the sidescreens are a pain in the ar5e on a narrow body.  windscreen and no sidescreens is to uncomftorble.  the roof is a pointless waste of time.

a good cap that doesnt blow of and a jacket with a high collar will protect from most stones.  the big pain with the aero is the need to wear eye protection and i always keep the crash helmet in the passenger seat on longer runs in case of rain.  its easy to swap glasses to crash helmet without stopping.  i find with my new half doors i am as dry as i was with the windscreen and sidescreens (not very)

i love the feeling of total openess and rawness of the aero and after 20000 miles i havent tired of it

Thus with the aero I always wear a helmet - which removes (for me) some of the pleasure of being able to have a conversation with your passenger or passers by.

Peltor do some extremely good solutions for this problem, means you can still converse with the passenger at 140 which can be useful ;)

I've used both and I'd never go back to a screen. That windscreen is held to the uprights by four grub screws, the uprights bolted to fibre glass, don't ever kid yourself it's protection.

Aero every time.

I did start worrying when I was getting towards the end of the build if it'd be too impractical/wouldn't like it or whatever. But I love it!  :D

Right, now we seem to be angling towards the aero, which one is best  :devil:  :devil::D:D:D

Aero every time.

I did start worrying when I was getting towards the end of the build if it'd be too impractical/wouldn't like it or whatever. But I love it!  :D

Apart from at Capesthorne when it rained eh dave   :p  :D  :D

Peltor do some extremely good solutions for this problem, means you can still converse with the passenger at 140 which can be useful ;)

At a cost!  :p