Wheel size

JEM

but have noticed this P*@" taking going on too often here,often to new guys/girls.Of course this should be a fun and humorous site with lots of leg pulling but it seems to be getting rather nasty.

Only in your head. If it looks nasty, read it with a different tone of voice in your head. Interpretation is the key, and sadly the written word isn't a foolproof way of conveying mood or intention, be it good or bad.

Actually, I disagree, mostly you're right, but there have been a few instances where a small number of postings have left a bit of a nasty taste.

A recent case was an RAC roll bar thread; I agree wholeheartedly it's a good idea, but some of the "going for the jugular" posts towards anyone without, or who didn't want one do go a bit far.

Now, anyone want to see my new dashboard.....

:down:  :blush:

Sorry.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JEM

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• carlw

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyre make / tread pattern / compound.

A 'normal' road tyre is unlikely to need a dry sump. Slicks almost certainly will...

Andy

But it's not as black and white as that, if you put particularly sticky tyres on (say Yoko AO48Rs) then you might need to consider a dry sump too...

Andy

If everything were simple, this boardroom would be a much quieter place :)

Andy

But far less interesting

Actually, for ground clearance, a dry sump might be a good idea, but not *essential*. Careful measurement to establish the effective ground clearance will be a good idea...

No deep discussion required, just take a tape measure, a camera and a note book. There'll be plenty of Vx cars to look at. I'm hopeful that mine won't be one of them but the way things are going, it just might be...

You need an excuse? You have much to learn, my young apprentice....