Wheel size

JEM

It was me that asked this question last time and I have prob asked the wheel question more than anyone else  :p  :p  :p  and every time i look at them tranny van sidewalls on me car i still feel like posting the same question again  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Take the advice given .. ive had 50 profile 15s and 60 profile 13s and they are right in the advice that 13" has a better feel when cornering...  rubber is cheaper as well :p

looks-wise size wins everytime in my opinion  :D  :D  :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JEM

• Blatman

• adhawkins

• carlw

Top Posters In This Topic

but have noticed this P*@" taking going on too often here,often to new guys/girls.Of course this should be a fun and humorous site with lots of leg pulling but it seems to be getting rather nasty.

Only in your head. If it looks nasty, read it with a different tone of voice in your head. Interpretation is the key, and sadly the written word isn't a foolproof way of conveying mood or intention, be it good or bad.

Emoticons are your friend...

:t-up:

Andy

Oh yes,tried a "different tone of voice in my head" and realised that I missed the angelic intentions of the replies,silly me!!! :oops:

but have noticed this P*@" taking going on too often here,often to new guys/girls.Of course this should be a fun and humorous site with lots of leg pulling but it seems to be getting rather nasty.

Only in your head. If it looks nasty, read it with a different tone of voice in your head. Interpretation is the key, and sadly the written word isn't a foolproof way of conveying mood or intention, be it good or bad.

Agree with that, accept new people are bound to be a bit more parenoid so it wouldn't hurt to make it obvious that the comments are written in jest and no malice or rejection was intended.

Well guys now its all sorted, and no hard feelings, what size wheels does Mr Blatman run and what his is views on his cars characteristics ? :)

:blush:

I have two Westfields. The road car (190ish bhp Vx wide body) runs 7x15 rims with 195-50-15's all around. The sprint car (road going Class 2B, 235bhp Atmo Cosworth in a narrow) runs on 13's with 185's on the front and 205's on the rear. I prefer the way the car feels when it approaches and reaches the limit on 13's compared to 15's. On the road, if I *deliberately* reach the limits then I'm not driving safely. On the track there are many who say that a 13" shod car won't win anything. I have had a couple of SS class wins, and several high places in the "on the day classes" so I firmly believe it's a lack of talent, not wheel and tyre size that stands in my way...

Sadly, there is no real "right" answer. You need to decide what you want, then work out the best way to achieve it depending on the various compromises you are prepared to accept...

I wouldn't say unpredictable, but I find they have less feel than I want/need, such that finding the limit isn't a surprise, there's just a smaller gap between finding it, and falling foul of it... Of course, there are plenty of drivers who will disagree, but that is their prerogatove. For me, and for what I do with the cars, the 15's are fine for road use, and I don't believe the 13's are costing me too much time on the track such that they put me at a big disadvantage...

FWIW I changed from 195/50/15 to 205/60/13 and it transformed the car.

I would'nt now go back to 15" wheels unless they were a)Very very light and b)Free.

Chaz.

Would depend on what tyres you were running.

Andy