• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boomy

• Barry Ashcroft

• Peter Cox

• Blatman

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about it for when you're cruising on long motorway journeys, as it can get boring, but doubt I could hear it over the wind/road noise/throttle bodies/exhaust etc.

Spoke to a bloke with a V8 at Stoneleigh who had a stereo it it, he just used it when he's cleaning the car as you can't hear it when you're driving along-who'd want to in a V8 anyway?

I solved the problem by doing long boring motorway journeys in the tin top and using the westy for blatting over the tops round Buxton as it should be.......  :D

To sum up then I'd say it was stupid and a waste of time!  ;)

Stereo, is that a V8 with twin side pipes? ??????:D:D

Yes :)

And ours is that quiet I can start it and drive off at midnight without waking the whole village. One of the advantages of all that torque is that I can accelerate to 30 without touching the throttle quite easily.

We also have a stereo.... mp3 player plumbed into the autocom headsets.

Eastbound and Down anyone?

No I don't have a stereo. I prefer live music so I have employed the Efi V8 Symphony orchestra with the worlds leading under slung duet Mr Exhaust and Mr Pipes...bl**** Marvellous!!!!

Buzz

I've got several....

One in the bedroom, one in the lounge, one in the study.

The missus has one in the Pug too.

The Westfield plays it's own symphonies!

I have but you need to be quick on the volume knob, (turn it down that is) at traffic lights otherwise you get more looks from the stereo than the exhaust.

Speakers in the side foot wells. it nots as bad as you might expect

and gives you something to do in the all too common traffic jams

So for the record, no, I haven't got one, it would be stupid and a waste of time.

I have got one (fitted before I owned it) & can confirm that it is stupid and a waste of time.  :p  :p  :D  :D

David

No, it would be stupid and a waste of time  :D  I'm a sheep   :sheep:

For those with complaining noisy neighbours what about holding the next Area meet at your house?  :)

Ta

Geoff

:)

I have a multiplay and head unit with integral DVD fitted, boom box in the boot, 9inch speakers in the parcel shelf, 6" in the doors, playstation in the back seats, neon lights under the floor, Led illuminated door sills and 19" rims........

Not a silly idea at all....... :p

Eastbound and Down anyone?

Worth having a sterero for that song alone!

I have that on MP3 somewhere and admit to knowing it word for word :D

Anyway thanks for all the replies.It would seem to most it compares to the old ash tray on a motorbike scenario, while others don't seem to mind then.

Do they not do speaker headrests, that would make it easier to hear  :p

Stereos are ok for long journeys in the tin top,long journeys in the westie require earplugs,so no good there then.Looking forward to the next long journey.Le Mans.5:30 am start and to all the neighbours who have parties with tossy little bling plebs hollering in the garden at 4am.My revenge is 5:30am17/6/05. :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I have a multiplay and head unit with integral DVD fitted, boom box in the boot, 9inch speakers in the parcel shelf, 6" in the doors, playstation in the back seats, neon lights under the floor, Led illuminated door sills and 19" rims........

Not a silly idea at all....... :p

Darrell, everyone knows that's in yer van...  :D

Darrell, everyone knows that's in yer van...  :D

yep, there's hundreds of metres of speaker cable in my van  :D