Just ordered a Westfield Starter Kit

Chasmon

Not seen the honda box but it can't be any bigger than the tremec I have fitted in my chassis. If you don't want the honda engine and box give me a shout with the details of your mate and I will have it and build a track car with it.

Barry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chasmon

• stu999

• neilwillis

• Blatman

I think this would be too much of a project for me the guy isn't a friend of mine I just found details off ebay of someone breaking a s2000. But the parts aren't actually for sale on there.

The email is delboysshop1@aol.com (make of that what you will!;)

I have read that the gearbox assembly actually makes up part of the chassis don't know if that means it'll be oversized for your needs...

Goodluck!

I think that for a start I will go for a stock Zetec 2.0L (only changing the water pump, sump and flywheel) and modify as I get used to the BHP/tonne. :D

I have decided I'm quite happy with a stock setup Zetec for the minute - 140BHPish seems adequate for my first rear wheel drive car, but are there any problems running the stock injection and ECU?

Sorry, can't help with the Zetec but i'm a first timer building on a budget.  I didn't do too well sourcing parts cheaply, mainly ended up going to Westfield to buy the parts.  A few weeks ago I dropped a 1.6 OHC engine into mine and i'm already thinking of what can replace it.  I'm still building and haven't even driven the car yet.  Atleast you've done the right thing by starting here, wish I had when I first started.  

It seems like you're restriction is work rather than budget.  Could you get a cheap run around?  It might make you're choices a bit easier.

Good luck with the build.

you'd be better off getting rid of the standard inlet manifold and converting to carbs.You'd have another 15bhp extra for starters.

A few weeks ago I dropped a 1.6 OHC engine into mine and i'm already thinking of what can replace it.  

Have a look at the classifieds,a 160 bhp Pinto,as new all included with carbs,ignition,starter,alternator and plumbing!!!!.Goes well too.And can be had at a bargain price.

Saw the ad, it's just what I wanted next.  Unfortunately I need the money to get my westy on the road.

It seems like you're restriction is work rather than budget.

Restriction is cash really, although obviously the amount of work is also important to some extent.

I think I shall run as stock to start with then evaluate throttle bodies or the carbs route. Did you have a look at the pinto.

From what I here you can get power like that out of them but it will have lots less torque across the rev range...

seeing that somebody mentioned Honda... why not a 'Blade engine?

Factory supported... you'll get a great unit for no more than £1k, carbs and all the necessary gubbins included. Only 130bhp but weighs next to nothing and is very much in the spirit of a Seven type car.  :t-up:

Well now that you mention it (megablade) can you or anyone else give me any advice on this type of car. I have put a deposit down on a SEi but that can probably be altered.

I want the car for road use only and would ideally like to tour in it. Does a Blade have adequate road manners?

I'd be interested to know all the details from anyone with a MegaBlade - suitablility for touring in particular. Is it more expensive, less relaible to run etc...

In my opionion If you want a westie for road use and touring forget a bike engine!!!

Waits to be shot at!!!

Barry

Have to agree too.

I tried a couple of BEC's prior to deciding on a VX ;)

did'nt fancy the idea of touring in the BEC at all :0

Room for another in that taxi? those BEC boys are gonna love us   :oops:

those BEC boys are gonna love us  

So what? It's not like they'd be able to catch us... :devil: