Next Cambridge Area Meeting

chazpowerslide

Ok, so that was a great day out.

The sheer scale of the place is amazing, it beggers belief as to how it must have been in it's heyday.

The incline of the banking is staggering, you can't tell from the pictures.

It's bl**** difficult to even walk up to the top of the banking god knows what it must have been like to drive something that handled like a wild boar on castors at 140mph on  ???

And yes Liam and Dick it did'nt fully sink in untill I got home and saw the wife and kids  :(

Anyhow, here are some piccies to enjoy.

4067.jpeg

4068.jpeg

4069.jpeg

4070.jpeg

4071.jpeg

4072.jpeg

4073.jpeg

Like I say, the piccies do not do the remains of the banking justice, but at least Liam, Dick, Pincher and I can say we've driven our Westies on the famous banking at Brooklands.

I'd certainly recommend this as a day out entry was £7.00 and you get a whole lot of value for that as there is loads to see.

It's a shame about the piles of American scrap that was on display infront of the clubhouse, it kinda lowered the tone a bit.

Chaz.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• ChrisF

• pincher

Good pics Chaz :t-up:  sorry I couldnt make it, mad rush to finish the dax before all the summers gone.

And yes Liam and Dick it did'nt fully sink in untill I got home and saw the wife and kids  :(

Everything ok ???

Yes scruff all ok (now)

I had a very close call on the way back home both Liam and Dick thought that I was going to buy the farm (I did'nt have the time to think untill I got home)

Chaz.

Who's is the car with the yellow graphics?

I've seen him up round my way a few times. Is he local to Deeping/Stamford?

I had a very close call on the way back home

close  :0 CLOSE :0

How thick is a human hair anyway?

We were expecting to find a Westfield shape hole in the hedge round the bend at the very least.....not necessarily shiny side up either    :oops:

Not Chaz' fault I hasten to add - some brain dead t**t in a 156 would have had a lot to answer for  :angry:

Thanks Liam.

Thank god for 13" wheels, AO48 rubber a pokey motor and more instinct and Luck than I thought I had/deserve.

The reason why I stopped at Buntingford was because I thought he was following me to have another go.

I kinda figured he'd think he'd have all three of us to deal with if we were all parked up together and he wanted a piece of me.

Very scary indeed, I certainly dropped the pace a lot on the way back.

It really took the wind out of my sales.

Chaz.

Chaz....sorry to hear you had a close one and glad you are okay.  

I'm also sorry to have backed out in the end but the family had to come first this weekend.  I took them away in the caravingvan, which was a comedy of error....it cost me a fortune for a new water pump, only to find it was not the pump to blame  :bangshead: we had little or no water for the weekend...last nights storm tripped the electric on the camp site and to top it all....it was so wet, we got stuck trying to get off the site and had to be towed to dry land  :blush: :D  

By the way I love the photo it is well coool and defo one for the Cambs web-site  :cool:

The piccies turned out well, I'm pleased with them.

It was Liam that organised the photo shoot, the secret marshall hanshake with a fellow orange overall wearer did the trick.

I must add that the Marshalls and staff at Brooklands were teriffic real enthuseasts.

Can't believe it only costs £7.00 to get in.

Chaz.

Eveining All,

What excellent piccies.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but me Parents 40th wedding aniversary is a pretty good excuse, so I joined all the other idiots and went to devon for the weekend. Never figured on a trafic jam on the motorway at 11.30pm :arse:  I hate grockels :angry:

So Chaz, you not being playing nice with the locals again????

Yes and Yes Chris, but not this trip.  ;)  :blush:  ;)

I'm C2Cing this comming weekend, any one else from the Cambs area going?????

Never figured on a trafic jam on the motorway at 11.30pm   I hate grockels

You ought to try living in the south west, its a case of staying off all major routes on change over day i.e. Saturday  :angry:

Glad to hear everyone had a good time at Brooklands.

My family came up from Devon on Friday evening and they said the motorway was clear as a bell, well northbound anyway  :D

Sean

I know what you mean Sean, my parents live just off of Exmoore in Devon, and the M5 is quite often an avoided road.

Actually I ment to ask, don't you have a builet cam and mike? Will it fit a sony can corder (it has the AV/mike inputs), and could I borrow it for the C2C this comming weekend?

pm or 07860 582321 if yes to the lot.

Who's is the car with the yellow graphics ?

I'm pincher, I work at "The coach house" south luffenham, Live in bourne. visiters always welcome. better ask for "ian" as no-one knows who pincher is. :blues: