Next Cambridge Area Meeting

chazpowerslide

And yes Neil, you can have a lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Progress report please turbo nutter  ???

Well, if Mark pulls his finger out, I could have a car at least worthy of turning a key this weekend  :p

Still booked into GDS on Wednesday, 25th May.  They 'eventually' sent me the turbo flange... only to get the wrong one delivered by them  :bangshead:  :arse:

I'm probably going to have to hire a van and tow the car there.  Have to admit, I'm crapping myself.  I've never driven a transit and never towed a trailer so, I'm not looking forward to it.  *Hugh (or anyone else free, for that matter), if you still haven't a job by then and your car has a tow-bar, well.... ??? )  :D

Need to drill the fuel returns into my fuel-tank, which again, is not something I find appealing at all.

My back is still hurting a little.  Got a nice massage planned on Friday afternoon and a visit to the osteopath's, too.

Chaz, I would hope if the car is back from GDS, I may be in my own.

I suppose I have to start thinking about intercoolers now, too.  You were right about the 'think of a price and double it'  Having said that though... I have bought some bits that weren't initially in the 'to do' list!

Cheers,

Neil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• ChrisF

• pincher

but would need to be up and running early (7.30) to be back by 10.30/11.00 ish latest?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

etc...

:D

chaz,  guesting visitor i know but enjoy the company.regret i work alternates and this is one of them.however i understand our local ao has invited you and crew to leighton buzzard on 22nd.perhaps i will see you there.   regards   kevin

I'm probably going to have to hire a van and tow the car there.  Have to admit, I'm crapping myself.  I've never driven a transit and never towed a trailer so, I'm not looking forward to it.  *Hugh (or anyone else free, for that matter), if you still haven't a job by then and your car has a tow-bar, well.... ??? )  :D

Need to drill the fuel returns into my fuel-tank, which again, is not something I find appealing at all.

I'll no doubt be available, but I have no tow bar and no experience of towing stuff :D  have you considered returning the fuel line to the big pipe that joins the filler cap to the tank?

Don't think I'll be able to make this one Chaz I'm afraid.  Sounds good though :cool:

Neil where is GDS and can it be delivered one evening  ???

I have a tow bar and plenty of towing experience...but time is my problem...busy, busy at work but I'll help if I can.

Great blat today with the two Mark's and the weather was :t-up:

MarkJ it's a shame you had to peel off early  :( the coffee and bacon sarnies at the lazy cafe were excellent  :p  and the clear road from Brancaster to Filsham was  :cool:

A great morning out and back for lunch ;)

Cheers guys, that was great fun.  The new brakes work a treat and I'm definitely getting the hang of the car now.

Even managed to get Neils car wired up this afternoon (well mostly :p )

Mark B

Even managed to get Neils car wired up this afternoon (well mostly  )

Pigs and flying.

i'm begging to doubt that Neil actually has a car anymore :p  

I suspect that's lined me up for humble pie as to boosts it past me :down:  Best get the burtons catalouge out again I think :t-up:

Yeah sorry i had to go home, but I was due home at 10.30am, and I was in fakenham at that point......so I got a rollocking.....still didn't wipe the smile of me face, as I had a fair tinkle on the Valve springs to get back in just over 1 Hour and 20 mins. Even had a copper wave at me ;)

Just got back in the house now.  I think Mark should get the name 'scruffy'.  I was picking up bits of stripped wire for ages! :D

Thanks, Mark.  I hope I can get everything ready for next weekend for you. :t-up:

Chaz, if you're listening, I need a spot of welding done, please.  Please.  PLEASE.  And charge your mobile back up, too. :p

Speaking of boost, Mr Jackson...  I managed to suck -5 psi out of my boost guage but, only +1 psi by blowing.  Work into that what you will! :D

Neil

Awr come on Neil, that's far too easy a line to mess with.

Seriously, do you need a wand with anything, I've got a bit of spare time this weekend comming?

Mark

Yes I know I'm a messy bu**er, but at least it all works :p

Mark

BTW Did you ask about the fuel pump relay Earth with Clem?

Any of you nice people have Chaz's HOME tel. no. ?  I've got his mobile no. but, it never seems to be on for more than an hour or so ???

PM me, if you have, please.

Mark.  Thanks for the offer but, I can't think of anything that will need your manly cart-wheeling skills. :D

It's up to me to get the various bits bolted back on now.

Thanks,

Neil

Buzy at work I'm afraid Neil, I had neglected to charge my mobile for a couple of days and then neglected to pick up my messages.

I also had'nt looked at this thread for a couple of days either so I missed your messages.

I'll see you tomorrow to do the welding as per our conversation today  :D

Chaz.

Any room for a stranger i dont get out much. I guess your talking about the 29th may !!!