FREE TO GOOD HOME

a4gom

3453.jpg3454.jpg

Due to the stupidity of someone in our family, can't mention any names  :p  we have ended up with 9 furry bundles of joy  :devil: instead of 1.

I have managed to get rid of 2 but still need to loose another 5 males. They are approx 5 months old.

If you have room for one or more please give me a shout.

Chuffing Rabbits Everywhere

Come on save them from the POT, we are in Keighley West Yorkshire  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a4gom

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

• westy

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told by a good sorce that if I take 6 to the 'Craven Heifer' (local boozer) then me and the wife can eat for free but she's not happy with that as a solution.

:devil:

Awww, if only I was back in the UK  :love:

[lecture mode on] But please remember folks, don't get one on a whim...rabbits are fairly high maintenance if looked after properly...they need a lot of space to run around in, a hutch alone is not sufficient (ideally a permanent hutch/run combo), and they are social animals so should ideally be kept in pairs or more.  

If these lads are 5 months old, still together and not fighting, they will probably be ok to stay together although they will need to be snipped if they are not already.  Or one snipped lad and a lady friend from somewhere else would also work well.  

On the whole (yes I know there are exceptions), they also make terrible childrens pets, they don't like noise or fast movement, and generally don't like being picked up and cuddled; they like being left to just be rabbits.  That's why there's so many rabbits in rescue centres, as the kids get fed up of them quickly.  

Also don't forget they can live for 7-8 years and need vaccinating against myxomatosis and VHD at least once a year (myxi is often done twice in high risk areas)

Keeping rabbits properly is not just a case of putting them in a hutch and leaving them there...

[/lecture mode]

If anyone is thinking of getting rabbits, please feel free to contact me for honest helpful advice, I've been keeping and introducing rabbits for 20 years now so I like to think I'm a bit of a dab hand    :D

(sorry if this puts anyone off a4gom, but these are living creatures after all and people need to know what they're letting themselves in for)

Yup, I definitely prefer that to keeping one :0

I went rabbit hubting a couple of weeks ago. We hunt them with Harris Hawks. Almost caught a couple of Pheasants too... :0

a hutch alone is not sufficient

You need a bl**** big pot for 5 rabbits, I know, I've been eating them for 20 years and like to think i'm a bit of a dab hand :p

Wabbit stew is very nice  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

.... I've been keeping and introducing rabbits for 20 years now so I like to think I'm a bit of a dab hand    :D

is that like a dating service for lonely rabbits ??

are rabbits better for kicking than cats  ???

a cat you can get a full boot under and a  really good contact.  a rabbit your toe tends to hit first causing two smaller impacts as it rolls from your toe onto the top of the foot thus giving less distance - although interestingly a more satisfying feel.

(sorry if this puts anyone off a4gom, but these are living creatures after all and people need to know what they're letting themselves in for)

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.