• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wacomuk

• perksy

• Mark Stanton

• ChrisG

what would be a avrage price for a Locost ? and how can you tell them apart from a westfield ?

Price will be lower - difficult to say by how much as specs vary massively.

The availability of support and spares for the established brands like CC and Westfield is somewhat ahead of the true home brew stuff... handy for me as in terms of mechanical ability I'd run a close second to Julian Clary :D

Locosts are usually bodied in aluminium. Westfields have a glassfibre tub/external bodywork.

Go and have a look at your local meeting first... advice is freely dispensed - and we're not entirely blind to the virtues of the other makes either :D

i have seen it but i cant reply to the post ?? i dont no why ?? does any1 know where abouts in the uk he is ??

that's definitely NOT a Westfield!! the rear arches are level (like a C*terham) whereas a Westfield's rear arches have a distinct bevelled edge round the whole arch, also those front cycle wings aren't Westfield style either, the windscreen stanchions aren't Westfield, the roll bar isn't etc etc etc  ;)

I think you get my point  :D  have a close look at a Westfield and then look back at the DETAIL of those panels etc and you'll find they may have Westfield on them but they weren't made by Westfield  ;) my guess is it's a Locost/Locust/MK/LA or some other clone and would be worth b******* all when you come to sell it  :(

Get to a local meeting or a Kit Car show, preferably both, talk to some owners and then buy a really nice, sorted WESTFIELD  ;)  :D

The RAC data check comes up with no named vehicle or model and was last changed hands on 24/10/01 for the yellow car above.With the air filter poking out the bonnet on that side will be a pinto lump.The cycle wings look like Sylva Striker style.

That looks like a Locost hybrid and certainly not a Westfield and quite possibly an expensive option :(:(

With the air filter poking out the bonnet on that side will be a pinto lump.The cycle wings look like Sylva Striker style

It'll be a crossflow. Pinto's have the exhaust on the drivers side, and inlets/carbs on the passenger side, unlike the picture I can see :p

For that sort of Money You could get a Very Very nice Westy, A Recently built example or even a Secondhand Busa Etc :0  :cool:

Save your Money and wait for a Nice Westy, Join the club, attend your local meet and have a chat with some of the owners and a good look at their cars.

Sure they'll advise and might even know of a nice Westy for sale.

and once built it would be worth

about £7k tops  :t-up:

but buy a £9.5k secondhand Westfield and sell it 2-3 years later for £8.5 ;)

I might know where there is a very nicely sorted ( all the right handling bits fitted )SEiW with standard red top 16v vauxhall for sale at £7600 . It came 2nd in class B last year!

Terry 07767836234  :D