Birthday Blat. 27/03/05

chazpowerslide

Neil...A rubber gasket is correct.

The sump can be removed and refitted with the engine in place ;)  Take the opportunity to clean and paint the sump with some silly psychedelic colour.

A simple tip is to superglue (only a few drops to hold it at the critical points  ;) ) the gasket to the sump before you offer the sump back up.

A spare pair of hands is required to hold the sump in place while you put in the bolts.  You will also need a socket with a wobble bar (probobly not the correct term) that allows you to reach the nut at the bellhousing end...it's a tricky ba****d to get at.

Check the cvh book for the torque setting on the sump bolts  :D

Its easy really  :oops:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• ChrisF

• CrashBangWallop

Its easy really  

Is it b*****k* :0

I split two rubber gaskets despite sealing them to the sump first :angry:

I jacked up my sump on a jack and then located it using pre placed pins, before placing next to block and then removing oins and bolting back.

Tourque setting is piddly, hence why I sodded it up twice.

still I bet it's the easiest part of building a turbo CVH in situ ;)

Bringing this smoothly back to Events (although getting Neil's car going will be an event in itself)  :p .........is there a plan for Stoneleigh ???

.........is there a plan for Stoneleigh

My plan is...meet up..blat over...spend money...get pi**ed....attempt to put up tent....sleep in car...big breakfast...spend more money...burp and go home  :t-up:

Anyone up for this  ???

My plan is...meet up..blat over...spend money...get pi**ed....attempt to put up tent....sleep in car...big breakfast...spend more money...burp and go home  :t-up:

You camping this year then?

Been thinking about it myself...

Just going back to Chaz's comments about the run home last weekend.

Yes I know I was hanging back, I was waiting for you to catch up Chaz.  Honestly though I was not prepared to make the A10 into 3 lanes like you did on the way up.

More than happy for you to lead next time and show me how it's done.

Chris - Good to hear you are back on the road, just remember you don't have to do those hand signals anymore.

Andrew

.........is there a plan for Stoneleigh

Anyone up for this  ???

What do you think I'm trying to get my car done for ?!?  :devil:  :p

Decided to run the car without an intercooler until I can find one that fits better.  The three intercoolers I've had so far are not nice to plumb so, I'l probably get one made up from Pace, or something. Unless I can find a piddley one that has the 'in and 'out' on the same side.  

Neil

No offence ment Andy it was tongue in cheek banter, I was not in any way dissing your driving or your car.

I was genually supprised st the speed differential between our cars when accelerating during overtakes.

There was one occasion when I was caught out when you pulled in after an overtake and having taken the descision to follow you I expected there to be enough space behind you as you accelerated away for me to tuck in behind you but there was not.

I was left side by side of the last car you overtook in the middle of the road exposed to oncoming traffic, fortunatly the road was wide enough for four abrest.......................

The fact was that I miss-judged the move.

Seriouisly, the last thing I want is for any of our members to feel obliged to drive in a way that they feel is above and beyond what they are comfortable with.

We are all different in our own driving styles and the level of "risk" we are prepared to take, on Sunday there were several "risks" that I felt were too high for me to take and several that I was comfortable with.

What some may see as making good progress others may see as excessive risk taking and besides you can never compleatly anticipate the actions of the other road users.

From what I have seen the standard of driving in our group is very high (far above the standard of the tin top drivers we regularly pass) I'm happy to convoy with all of you guys and I hope you feel the same way about me.

Chaz.

From what I have seen the standard of driving in our group is very high (far above the standard of the tin top drivers we regularly pass) I'm happy to convoy with all of you guys and I hope you feel the same way about me.

Your all going to have to slow down for me :D   Although waiting is more appropriate at the moment - spent all day removing bits that I had permanently attached some time ago :down::bangshead:

Unless I can find a piddley one that has the 'in and 'out' on the same side.

Have you had a look at some of the intercoolers from stuff like golf TDi's and the like?

Chaz

It would be interesting to do a quarter mile run at Oakington to see the differences in power output between the different engine types.  I know mine pulls hard from very low in the rev range and runs out of puff after about 5k.  I would imagine a Zetec to be a bit more revvy.

I did enjoy the run to sunny hunny honest

Andrew

Unless I can find a piddley one that has the 'in and 'out' on the same side.

Renault 5 GT Turbo... ;)

Edited to add: I see you have already worked that out... :blush:

Don't think the 4-man tent's gonna fit in the 'boot' though

Chaz got one in, he brought it for the purpose of parking the car in. He slept in a piddly two man tent :t-up:  :t-up: