• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Pictures of a Wetsie in a roll over

Scottie

Any links to the Combe roll video?

If you have the Caterham Championship video (available from Caterham) for the 1998 season (I think), then you'll have it. I don't think it's on the web anywhere..........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DickieB

• Blatman

• david.c

• thos

Top Posters In This Topic

I rest my case about a full cage.

If the roll bar had been one side of the barrier, and his head the other, it would have been very different.  Unlikely admittedly, but...

I rest my case about a full cage.

If the roll bar had been one side of the barrier, and his head the other, it would have been very different.

:0  The car could quite easily have landed upside-down on the barrier, in which situation the difference between a bar and a cage could have been critical.

That's not the one I mean, Kieth. That one looks like it's at Camp Corner......it still isn't pretty though.......

On the crash I mention, the roll cage does indeed protect the occupant from a barrier/head interface situation. Without it, he would have been in very serious trouble indeed. The accident began at pace too. If I remember Combe correctly, entry to Quarry, from Avon Rise, can be anything up to around 60-70mph. That's fast when you're upside down, and 10 feet in the air.......

Did he loose any CD's or cassettes? during the roll!

Buzz :cool:

Actually I dont reckon he was on track at all, Im sure he was just watching on the bank there at Quarry and forgot to put the handbrake on  

:durr:  ;)

As the man driving/flying the rolling Westie....I can say that it was all over too quickly to get scared! Needless to say I am putting a full roll cage in the car....this one was slow, but I don't want to find out what would happen if it rolled at high speed.

Jon all I can say is it looks as if the "Force" was with you on that day.

Buzz