Buying a car -- Need advice please.

7steij17

John,

We do not wish to offend in our jesting, I'm sure we all wish you the best in the search for your new car.

However, if you do continue to use this board would you be kind enough to use appropriate language as not to offend anyone.

???

I think you may find that there is a little knowledge of the motoring world here (not actually perhaps me inc.) should you have any burning questions. :D:D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• 7steij17

• darthurs

• Darrell O'Neill

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the title of the board........ I think you may be out voted:)

If I may be the purveyor of English decorum  :p  :D  :D  ;)

John - you got the wrong website pal  ;)  ;) don't ask questions about Saabs here  ;)  ;) and especially American spec  ;)  ;)  :D

We're in enough trouble as it is with opinions on dashboards, nitrous and our country getting involved in some oil conflict  :down:  :down:  :arse:  :arse:

C ya - have a nice day and au revoir  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D try www.saabs_r_us.com  :D  :D  ;)

Ok, I removed the site from my favorites -- feel free to make an example of me by banning my account -- I do not intend to come back.

:Waves bye:

typical bl**** american  ;)

Not really, if he was a typical American then after finding this world, I mean web site, did not conform to his idea of how it should be we would all be tied up, hooded and naked whilst being forced to engage in sexual acts for the camera (no wife jokes) :D  :0  :D

The title of the forum is "Sports Car Forum" the 95 is the sports car of Saab, 220 hp. Your title is misleading -- I recommend you change it...

No John, it is the "Westfield Sports Car Club" not just "Sports Car"  Let me give you a quick lesson in English grammar...the noun (object) of the sentence would be the "Sports Car".  Well ok technically sports is also an adjective, but we'll overlook that for simplicity.  The word describing the sports car (adjective) precedes the noun; in this case, "Westfield", which is the type of sports car.

Would you go to a "Yellow car" forum and get in a rage because they didn't answer your question about a red car? No, you wouldn't, because that forum is devoted to yellow cars.  In the same way, this is a forum devoted to Westfield Sports cars, as opposed to Saab sports cars.  Sorry you didn't find the advice you wanted, but if you read the title of the forum in the correct context, you will see that it is Westfield Sports Cars, and not any old Sports cars, in which we have our enthusiasm and knowledge.  Well, some do, anyway  :p

I think I already said that Mrs. W...

I refer the honourable lady to my post some hours ago...

Andy

You got to remember that you're not at your best when you've only just got out of bed!!!!

:D yes indeedy Tommo

Andy, yup I know you did, but his following post (which I quoted) suggested that he hadn't quite got to grips with the concept so I expanded your explanation further, and maybe with just a touch of sarcasm.  It was a toss up between using the yellow/red car analogy and the hayabusu/Vx dash one though.

:)

So, can anyone explain why Tommo is no known as V8? Did I miss something (perfectly possible, I'll admit...)

???

Andy