Buying a car -- Need advice please.

7steij17

Strewth, IIRC I "only" used to pay £350 or so TPFT on my Fiesta Supersport when I was 18.

I would only just be able to get insured on a 2CV for that money now! :D

Dan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• 7steij17

• darthurs

• Darrell O'Neill

Top Posters In This Topic

hes a septic

Septic or sceptic?  If he's septic, I don't him oozing puss all over me :D

My first car 1.8 Mondeo £700 TPFT - crashed it.  Same details - £1100 TPFT.  Bought Westfield - £180 Fully Comp.  Two years later curious how insurance on Mondeo would have been.  Same details £500 TPFT.  Thankyou, Westfield, for super-cheap insurance :D

My polo mk 1 was £800 TPFT and now with 5 years no claims later its £300 TPFT for a 1.8 cavalier.  Never crashed the polo either, and it lasted 15,000 miles sitting at what was probably the limiter (no rev counter or actual limiter) before it died of terminal rust.

How is a Saab 9-5 with 140,000 miles on it Auto transmission, Year: 1999, 220 Horse Power

It's my first car so I can't really be picky, I saw this Saab and fell it love with it, leather seats, moon roof just WOW!

I am just worried about reliability, I know if/when I buy this car, I will always do the maintenence on it on time but is it has a few miles on it (has about 138k miles on it) it's a rather new car though 1999. Costs about $40,000 new.

Just need to know the reliability on a Saab and if it's a pimping ride in everyones eyes or just mine.

Some pictures of the 2005 (which looks EXACTLY like the 1999 including the buttons on the side and everything) can be found here: http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars....X81tMMF

the one I want is I think grey I am not sure, it was dark when I looked at it -- I will go back to see it again.

All comments GREATLY appriciated and I am a very VERY VERY serous buyer of this car so I thank you in advanced!

Also -- How would some aluminum spoilers look on the back of one of those babies? thanks again :p

:( No, I don't buy American -- Anything but American, I need a car that is reliable so again I ask

How is a Saab 9-5 with 140,000 miles on it Auto transmission, Year: 1999, 220 Horse Power

It's my first car so I can't really be picky, I saw this Saab and fell it love with it, leather seats, moon roof just WOW!

I am just worried about reliability, I know if/when I buy this car, I will always do the maintenence on it on time but is it has a few miles on it (has about 138k miles on it) it's a rather new car though 1999. Costs about $40,000 new.

Just need to know the reliability on a Saab and if it's a pimping ride in everyones eyes or just mine.

Some pictures of the 2005 (which looks EXACTLY like the 1999 including the buttons on the side and everything) can be found here: http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars....X81tMMF

the one I want is I think grey I am not sure, it was dark when I looked at it -- I will go back to see it again.

All comments GREATLY appriciated and I am a very VERY VERY serous buyer of this car so I thank you in advanced!

Also -- How would some aluminum spoilers look on the back of one of those babies? thanks again :p

Anyone else think this might be a troll?

???

Or maybe this guy lives in Westfield MA and thinks we're his local car club? :)

Andy

I didn't understand that -- and it didn't really answer my question so I will post it again:

Please help me THX!

I didn't understand that -- and it didn't really answer my question so I will post it again:

Ok, I'll answer your question.

This website is for the WSCC, that's the Westfield Sports Car Club. That's Westfield as in Westfield Sportscars, a UK based maker of 'kit' cars, loosely based on the Lotus 7.

You're unlikely to get much expert advice here on anything relating to 'pimping rides' I'm afraid.

HTH

HAND

Andy

You're unlikely to get much expert advice here on anything relating to 'pimping rides' I'm afraid

Has anyone fitted hydraulic suspension on a Westy??? :D:D:D

Dan

Anyone else think this might be a troll?

???

Or maybe this guy lives in Westfield MA and thinks we're his local car club? :)

Andy

:D  :D

Only one thing I'd disagree with.........he's in Orange County........apparently........ ;)

Yeah, I checked that after I posted...

I've been there... ???

Andy

So then guys,

i was wondering, wot do ya'all fink about fitting neons, a big 'ole spoiler and a kicking ICE system in me chicks new 307?

I really dig your opinions..... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AH man guys, I have to tell my mom whether or not to buy it now, and no one gave me there advice.

I depended on this forum, and you all f***** let me down -- someone should have told me that the people in this forum don't know s**t about cars. =/

f**k guys, now I need to choose,

John

P.S.: The title of the forum is "Sports Car Forum" the 95 is the sports car of Saab, 220 hp. Your title is misleading -- I recommend you change it...