Chiltern 7's 2005 trip to The Ring

Mark Purves

Read it again Hawkins... :bangshead:

Bren's on a bike. A Westfield corners and brakes much better than a bike...

I wonder if Bren would be willing to let this ex despatch rider loose on his bike for a couple of laps :devil:

Sure..as long as we operate on the you  bend it you mend it theory...and of course.. I can take your westie round...just to compare it with mine of course..lol

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Purves

• bkeirle

• Blatman

• robsawyer

I don't mind waiting for you... :p

:D  :D Check out www.slidersguesthouse.com/ringvid.htm

Hundreds... on GP Legends... :down:

Have you never been before???

In all seriousness..Quite happy to give you a few pointers...and take you a pax lap..and IRL it is very different to GPL...

:0

:bangshead:

Good point. Must remember to engage brain first.

:blush:

Andy

Have you never been before???

In all seriousness..Quite happy to give you a few pointers...and take you a pax lap..and IRL it is very different to GPL...

Never found the time before. It's been on my list of things to do for both me and my brother for many years.

And yes, I realise GP Legends doesn't give any idea about gradient and track condition, but at least I have a (small) idea of what might be coming next, if I don't get a mental block caused by abject fear, of course....

As for pax laps, I'm not a very good passenger in or on anything. It's a control thing. Going round once with Sabine will probably be enough :0

Oh, by the way... Doohan says hello... ;)

Never found the time before. It's been on my list of things to do for both me and my brother for many years.

And yes, I realise GP Legends doesn't give any idea about gradient and track condition, but at least I have a (small) idea of what might be coming next, if I don't get a mental block caused by abject fear, of course....

As for pax laps, I'm not a very good passenger in or on anything. It's a control thing. Going round once with Sabine will probably be enough :0

Oh, by the way... Doohan says hello... ;)

I am sure you will have a great time...I do..every day.. :devil:

If you don't like pax laps & not being in control..Sabine is a strange choice for a ride ..lol..But she is definitely entertaining

http://www.slidersguesthouse.0catch.com/images....54.html

BTW Say hi to Mick for me...

Hey, I make no bones about it. I like the adrenaline, but I also like to have my hands on the vehicle too, so that I'm (mostly) the master of my own fate. I've done literally hundreds of thousands of miles on motorbikes, but I *hate* being a pillion. I'm not one for rollercoasters and stuff for this reason. That and vertigo...

As for Sabine being a strange choice, I'm hoping to be distracted enough trying to come up with an original chat up line to be scared... :0

BTW Say hi to Mick for me...

Done. Mick was just telling me about an XJ1300, a broken wrist, and him calling your Mrs to tell her you were in hospital... :0

Done. Mick was just telling me about an XJ1300, a broken wrist, and him calling your Mrs to tell her you were in hospital... :0

LOL....Moral of this story..do not take for granted someone has seen you.......That hurt....Poor bloke was on his 1st ever lap..and about 500m into the lap when he got rear ended by me doing well over 120mph....

:0:0:0:0:0

Yowza... bet that got the old heart rate going...

Heart or A*** rate???.. :D

Thankfully I went up the track and not into the armco....I now make doubly sure that whoever I am overtaking knows I am there...

Don't think I'll be able to join you all but - watched the program on the box last night about SpeedFerries who operate between Dover and Boulogne. I've just checked their web site for the dates you have planned and they come up with a return price of £50.

SpeedFerries

Hope it helps

Regards

Pete