Chiltern 7's 2005 trip to The Ring

Mark Purves

Just to keep people informed as to dates that I hope will not change. However until the end of Feb when The Ring publish their opening times these are the dates that we are going for.

German DTM takes place at Nurburg 5 - 7 August

So the plan is to travel out on Thursday 4th August and travel back Monday 8th August.

Chiltern 7's plan to get the 09-06 Eurotunnel crosssing out on the 4th and 17-06 crossing back on the 8th.

Price online at the moment starts at £119 return per vehicle.

We will be camping at the following campsite which is right next door to the track (last year was approx 10 Euro's per night per person). No need to per book but be warned does get very busy.

Camp Site page

We will be leaving the Oxford area early morning on the 4th to get to the tunnel for 09-06 crossing. Then approx a 6 hour drive to The Ring including stops for fuel etc.

Even travelling we have lots of fun and once there even more fun. No pressure if people do not want to take their cars around The Ring or join in the drinking which happens each evening to the early hours of the next day. Each morning we cook on site and in the evenings have BBQ's apart from one evening when we visit the village for a pub meal.

PLEASE NOTE:-

This is not an organised WSCC event and is a group of friends going to The Ring to have a good time. However people are welcome to join us for the trip or meet up at the camp site, I can supply a contact phone number for myself if required. It is each person responsibilty to arrange travel, insurance etc etc etc.

Here is a rough idea of costs for my 2004 trip:-

Return Ferry booked March £ 90 however next year using tunnel again as using ferry you loose about 2 hrs

Fuel app £170 (we did about 1150 miles round trip)

6 lap ring ticket 76 Euros

4 night camping 40 Euros

Only extra's FOOD & DRINK and who can put a figure on those

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Purves

• bkeirle

• Blatman

• robsawyer

So far names I know will be attending :-

Me

Neckie

Jamie

Badger + 1

Jason

Will

Cookie

And me.. :D ..but no camping..will dropby for a beer though...

Engine is bolted in..oil/water connected..electrics getting done as we speak...only exhaust manifold to modify now..and await the bonnet being returned from modification..

Sliders glad all going to plan. And you will be more than welcome.

Waiting for everyone to respond who showed an interest at the end of last year but as yet nothing.

You may want to add you guest house details incase anyone does not want to camp, as I know you get booked very quickly around main events.

Sliders glad all going to plan. And you will be more than welcome.

Waiting for everyone to respond who showed an interest at the end of last year but as yet nothing.

You may want to add you guest house details incase anyone does not want to camp, as I know you get booked very quickly around main events.

Hopefully will ba a good year....without any helicopter rides... :down:

Guest House info in sig block below for non campers.....

Bren,

Have you any space for the time in question.

At the minute yes....But once the schedule is released...we get booked up very quickly for the weekends..

Hey Bren...

I'll be e-mailing you just after the schedules are released. One of my 40th birthday presents is a trip to the 'Ring to see Sabine :love:

My brother and I will be needing a place to stay, so I'd be grateful if you could bear me in mind if at all possible. I'll e-mail you as soon as I have dates...

Hey Bren...

I'll be e-mailing you just after the schedules are released. One of my 40th birthday presents is a trip to the 'Ring to see Sabine :love:

My brother and I will be needing a place to stay, so I'd be grateful if you could bear me in mind if at all possible. I'll e-mail you as soon as I have dates...

No Problems...You getting a lap in the Taxi for your B/day?? I will wave when I come past  on the bike..lol....... :D

My brother has been pesetring the 'Ring booking folk for nearly 3 months, so he's at the forefront of their thinking.

Not sure how we're going to get there yet. I rather hope that I'll be able to trailer my (road legal) sprint car over, and that my brother wil be able to take his G6.

No Problems...You getting a lap in the Taxi for your B/day?? I will wave when I come past  on the bike..lol.......

No sweat mate. I'll do the same when I outbrake you in the Westfield :p

No Problems...You getting a lap in the Taxi for your B/day?? I will wave when I come past  on the bike..lol.......

Was that a gauntlet I heard being thrown? :)

Careful Blatters...Mark's car is no slouch...

Andy

Read it again Hawkins... :bangshead:

Bren's on a bike. A Westfield corners and brakes much better than a bike...

I wonder if Bren would be willing to let this ex despatch rider loose on his bike for a couple of laps :devil:

Andy

Was that a gauntlet I heard being thrown?

Careful Blatters...Mark's car is no slouch...

As Blatters says read again, I am not involved in this one.

:D  :p  :D  :p  :D

That is all depending if you are anywhere near the same piece of track at any given time..:)