What to do now

dano

Ermm ended up going to Autosport today. Went to talk to westfield, then went for

another look around saw the Marlin 5EXI and placed an order.. A real good looking car

and me being a fat git it had more space in it...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James

• dano

• adhawkins

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Interesting choice  ???

Im not sure you could have purchased a car which looks more diffrent from a westy if you tried, but as long as you are happy thats the main thing.

Do be prepared to fabricate parts as your bulid progresses as you will probabley find there are some things that could be done alot better than the standard kit.

Good luck

James

Hi all,

Pitching in a bit late, I'm a little panicked about the no DCOE 45s problem as it was my plan to fit these too.  I've done a little emailing and phoning and found a company still selling them.

I may be shooting myself in the foot telling you all..

So, to quote:

"Hi

We have some 45DCOE's arriving in a week or so, they are £425 each plus VAT. We have plenty of parts here, there shouldn't be a problem, they will be re made later on this year too.

Best Regards

Matthew Cooper

eurocarb ltd.

256 Kentwood Hill

Tilehurst, Reading, UK RG31 6DR

Tel. +44 (0)118 943 1180

Fax +44 (0)118 943 1190

www.dellorto.com

sales@dellorto.co.uk"

Any good to you?  ???

Jeez, they're not cheap are they!

Makes me think an upgrade to Throbble Botties could be an affordable option if 2nd hand carbs are going to get snapped up.

All I need now is for baffled sumps to become rare, and i can get a dry sump too  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

For all those losing sleep after Mats question.

Yes it does poo chocolate and yes you really can eat it...

P.

Saw the 5exi - it's body has changed a bit since the last time I saw it. Looks a lot more 'mature/production'/mainstream' for lack of a better word! As long as your happy with it that's all that matters. Should be a relatively straightforward build with it being based on a rover/honda doner.

Good luck and when you've finished matye you can sell it to finance the Westfield!!! :D  :D  :D  :p

I've had the same problem.  I'd built module 1 and 2 for an 1800Q then WF couldn't supply module 3 for lack of carbs so I switched to throttle bodies.  

The 1800 sport is more expensive because its got new diff, gearbox and engine, the 1800Q's are reconditioned.  I bet if you asked nicely they'd meet you halfway.  They sorted me out a treat (after I had complained a little).  Its worth asking if they'd do you reconditioned engine with throttle bodies, the increase in price might not be as much as you think.

Hope you have more luck with Marlin than we did with my Father-in-law's Sportster build.....

Not a good experience at all I'm afraid...

Will.

Sounds like the Marlin im used to!