Plays-Kool Motorsport

I.S.M

Ooops,

Have I upset the "dare to say something controversial brigade"?

These are highly enetertaining vids, I don't however think it's unreasonable to be concerned about the standard of driving, it's not exactly great.

As a company it's obviously up to plays Kool if they want to show the vids or not but my suggestion comes from a business point of view and I still hold that for anyone who doesn't know how good they are then it's probably not the best adverstisement for their services.

ps. I.S.M

If you'd like to come talk to me about being a wet weekend I'll gladly set you straight. I shall be out and about in the paddock at most race weekends so just pop over for a chat.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I.S.M

• Buzz Billsberry

• custardtart

• Mark Stanton

I haven't raced but know that cars pushed to the limit do lose traction and spin in front of others who are Very close, brakes fade/fail, gears are missed and sometimes drivers just get it wrong and contact happens. It is not intentional as the drivers know it slows them down. But the spectators love it as do the competitors and the adrenalin must be great cos it is on trackdays and sprinting/hillclimbing. If you dont want your car damaged I suggest that you dont race Mr Custardtart or if you want boring to death just watch F1.

As for Playskool they are very helpful and provide a professional responsive service to many customers far and wide at a very competetive price.  :p

As for Playskool they are very helpful and provide a professional responsive service to many customers far and wide at a very competetive price.  

I appreciate that this is a small reflection of actual footage accrued over a few seasons and my comments did not reflect in anyway the competence of Plays Kool only the possible marketing misjusgement.All IMHO of course.

possible marketing misjusgement

I put the link up - then asked paul if it was ok. So if anything you can consider it my mistake - In your opinion of course.

plus

If you'd like to come talk to me about being a wet weekend I'll gladly set you straight. I shall be out and about in the paddock at most race weekends so just pop over for a chat.

LOL  :arse:

Don't you just love it when people start to get serious or angry and address each other formally.  Somehow though "Mr Tart" doesn't quite cut it!!  

Get them handbags out girls....and no throwing flans or tarts.

I haven't raced but know that cars pushed to the limit do lose traction and spin in front of others who are Very close, brakes fade/fail, gears are missed and sometimes drivers just get it wrong and contact happens. It is not intentional as the drivers know it slows them down. But the spectators love it as do the competitors and the adrenalin must be great cos it is on trackdays and sprinting/hillclimbing. If you dont want your car damaged I suggest that you dont race Mr Custardtart or if you want boring to death just watch F1.

Terry, you admit you haven't raced, however I'm sure you would feel differently about this if you had worked your @rse off to prepare your car for an event, only for someone to take you off on the first lap of a race due to them hairing into a corner far too quickly for the 3rd race in a row (once is a mistake, twice - slow learner, three times???), which has happened to me in the past, and I can assure you, it is not entertaining!

I race in this series, and agree with custardtart - the level of driving in kits is generally much higher than this, and this type of driving is most certainly NOT loved by the competitors or the 750MC. By and large, most competitors in this series respect their fellow drivers, as most people prepare their own cars and appreciate the consequences of driving like a pr@tt to not only their car, but their fellow drivers' cars too.

Why on earth would you think a driver would enjoy having someone crash into him (or her)? We don't rebuild these things for fun, and most of us have to be in a fit state to go to work on the Monday to pay for our hobby!

Yes, I agree that sometimes incidents do occur - this is racing after all, however having been a keen motorsport spectator, photographer and competitor for a number of years, as well as an experienced track day participant, I can say for sure that some of the driving shown in these videos is extremely substandard!

Racing is dangerous enough without having to content with people who think it's a fun game of dodgem cars, and if anyone thinks a £7k bill for a car rebuild is fun, then you're welcome to pick up the tab :D

Usual disclaimers apply, and if you want to take this up with me personally, then I'll be in the paddock of most 750MC meets with orange car 99 - just let me know if I need to keep my nomex suit on :p

Ok Ok. Taken points on board. This is reminding me of the ARDS video, everyone thinks they are the best driver in the world.........bla bla bla. Probs true, i certianly am not and dont claim to be. I think however that my race results speak for themselves in my first season (have raced 2 strokes for 3 years on and off before - including victories) NO RETIREMENTS, ONLY CYCLE WING (i.e. aesthetic damage) damage to report!

I hate to sound political, but to save this thread from continuing to spiral rapidly down hill (bull bate style) lets just agree to take vids as they are, bit of fun to some, worrying to others - generally well recieved. And as intended a demonstration of what NOT to do!

If you dont mind, i ve got revision to do: Materials Under Stress - Nice.

There you are, just goes to show what a sporting bunch we racers are.

I'll even admit that I heard you weren't a half bad driver actually. :D

I've just watched the Videos again and apart from a couple of incedents of late breaking which were repeated several times all the rest were either nudges or spins resulting in minimal damage.

I must admit I'd like to race but accidents DO happen, thats why I sprint (only myself to balme/contend with(thats enough belive me :D )). I'm sure if there were any IDIOTS in a race series then they would get dealt with by the authorites/other competitors.

As for the quality of Plays Kool workmanship, i'd say it was a testimount to them that they can keep these 3 cars running in there respective series.

You're on chap.

Beer, the great pacifier. :D