South Wales Meet

Pembroke Pat

Speedy Jon has suggested the Harvester at M4 Jn 36 for the First Meet.  Petrol nearby and a large car park.  No Donuts allowed as we don't want an ASBO.

The date is Wednesday, 26th of January. 7:30 for 8

I suggest we see what turn out we get and taylor the future location to match.  Also perhaps we could have a chat about organising a trip to Llandow for a little bit of fun!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pembroke Pat

• chrisbin

• Mat Jackson

• speedy jon

:D Hi Pat

Count me in but I will be in the tin top as still not sorted with the insurance man????:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :xmas:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Yep I`ll be there, (possibly with SWMBO).  May be in the tin top though depending on weather as we still dont have any side screens etc!!!!

You don't need sides screens but I find that a good pair of safety specs (i.e. clear eye wear) is ideal in the westie at night without side screens.

Having said that I won't turn up in the westie if it is seriously persisting

:durr:  :durr:  :durr:

Any chance of confirming precise location.....??? Have got a couple of people interested, but none of us familiar with exactly where pub is situated.

Have tried looking on Harvester website, but only one listed there is nearer A48 than M4.......

:sheep:  :durr:  :sheep:

I thought it was the Harvester next to Sainsbury and MacArthur Glen.  Speedy Jon suggested the location.

So Jn 36, take exit towards Bridgend then at next roundabout take the turn towards Sainsbury.  Finally turn right to Harvester Car park.  

Speedy Jon, Correct me if I am wrong

hi all, if your comin from cardiff way - get off at J35 then take the 2nd exit off that round-about (you will see the harvester on your left next to the travel inn hotel) once you have taken the 2nd exit you will see the odeon in front of you.take the 1st left on this road. now you will be goin round the back of the travel inn.then take the next left and go up a slight hill. (on the right is the large car park which is normally quiet towards the far end, this is where i think might be best to park up cos were out the way and as long as we dont do any burnouts ect we should be fine)

if your coming from swansea way-you take the 4 exit of this round-about, now your crossing the motorway heading towards another round-about. (this is the round-about i mentioned above) now just follow the directions above and you'l be there. :t-up:

hope that makes sence.

Jon

oppps i got that wrong you get off at J36 not J35 (cos thats pencoed) but the directions i gave about are correct part from the J35 bit.

:durr:

Jon

hi again,

Also perhaps we could have a chat about organising a trip to Llandow for a little bit of fun!

wen i took my car down llandow 4 a test i was speaking to the guy there and he said the track has been booked for every weekend this yr. i went down on thursday the dec 23rd and i was the only car on the track and it was brill!! :D

the price i payed was 65 pounds (per car and 1 driver, additional drivers was 15pounds) for half day.full is 125pounds.

i suppose we could arrange it 4 a weekday?

jon

Costs sent to me from Llandow.

Lets organise a day of testing ( £50 each for half a day if we get ten cars)

Hire Charges 2004

Exclusive use

Per Day     Half Day

Mondays & Fridays £1500.00             £900.00

Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays £1200.00    £700.00

Saturdays £2000.00

Sundays £3000.00

Prices quoted are subject to VAT

Hire of the track includes:

• Use of Circuit & Facilities

• Fire extinguishers will be supplied but usage will be charged for

• Services of 2 marshals

Medical Cover is supplied at the following rates:

• Paramedic  £120.00 each per day

• Ambulance £150.00 each per day

• Extra Marshals £30.00 each per day

Standard Test day

(Bookings only)

Per Day     Half Day

Mondays to Saturdays

£120                  £65.00

10 or more cars booking together

£50.00 each per half day VAT Inc

Medical cover for standard test days is only supplied when sufficient numbers

are booked in.

For more information or to discuss a package tailored to your specific requirements

call Tony or Sharon on: 01446 796460

Sounds good to me!!!!

Could be our first organised event.  May even let some of the Bristol guys come along aswell.

BTW, Does anyone know what insurance cover is like for trackdays?  How much etc?

Don`t want to crash my new car!!!!!!!!!

Don`t want to crash my new car!!!!!!!!!

So drive carefully... :)

Andy