Next Cambridge Meeting 27th Feb2004.

chazpowerslide

Oh well, hit a few problems tonight.

Altenator does not fit, despite Westfield saying it will.

Exhaust can does not fit the manifold.

Original throtle cable is way too short.

Other than that, the plumbing is nearly sorted, and the exhaust hole fits the redundent manifold lovely.

Mark the race is off   ...this is unauthorised use of a very skilled engineer...you friend and mine Chaz  

Tis alright Chris, Chaz would see my involvment as a handicap.

Goodnight,

Mark

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• ChrisF

• scruffythefirst

I think "finished" in this context means legally driveable

I'll settle for not blowing up when I start it for the first time at the moment  :D

Yeah, its been in for ages.  Then in then out then in then out.... you get the idea.  I had to give my engine hoist back so its now in for good :D

Eletrics are more fun than I imagined :down:  I have 4 different wiring diagrams and half a loom to copy.  None of which make much sense when compared to the others :down:  Still, I think i've got most of it sorted.

Got a propshaft today too so I now have a full drivetrain, no wheels though :0

Scruffy,

Sounds like your winning then, especially since Chris has a huge handicap ..... a Vauxhall engine :p:p

If you need a hand with electrics I may be able to help sometime....

Mark

As the saying goes, "What a difference a day makes."

Exhaust fixed, new altenator sourced and fitted, Plumbing done, alpha 3d installed, Carbs mounted, and she fired up.

Got a bit more to do, but other wise what a cracking day. :D

Almost forgot, got the best ever horn installed as well.

Comgratulations!!

Welcome to the prestigious Cambridgshire Zetec Westfield club. :D

So how long till she's all ready for the road again??

Mark

I got pulled on the way home Mark.

"Why are you doing 75MPH on a 70MPH road he" asks?

"When was you're speedo last calibrated" I asked?

He looks at me blankly.

I say "Do you have it on record that it was done today?"

"Er no" he says.

"So you can't proove I was doing over the limit then" I say "Besides it's normally 10% + 2MPH according to the ACPO guidelines meaning 79MPH is acceptable"

Another blank look.

"Why are yo shivering" he asks.

Being slightly p******** off at this stage that he's wasting my time and that he made me get out of the Westy and take my helmet off I tell him "I'm going Cold Turkey because it's well over 6 hours since my last dose of Methodone.

He asks "Are you serious"

I told him that it should be obvious to such a highly trained professional crime fighter such as him why I was shivering.

Why he says.

To which I replyed "I'm driving an open top sports car at 70MPH in sub zero temperatures, despite wearing layers of warm cloths I'm f***** COLD, THAT'S WHY I'M SHIVERING"

Oh he says loosing interest.

After doing (what I assume) was a PNC check I'm allowed to go on my way, but he followed me down the A14 about 12" off the rear numbe plate for the next three junctions.

Pointless totally pointless.

Chaz.

Out testing your new brakes, Chaz?

Found that elusive rattle on Sunday.  Took the seatbelts and boot-box out... started prodding bits while the engine was running.  It was the strengthening bar that the spare wheel bolts on to.  A temporary bit of foam jammed between it and the tub stopped it.

Could be the last time I run that particular engine :(

I should start emptying the rad water and petrol out of it.  I'm starting to get scared now!

Neil

Neil

Pointless totally pointless.

Report the dumb s**t to his chief constable. If he did a PNC check, I *think* they have to record which officer asked for it and why, so they should be able to track this moron down quite easily.

If you do decide to report him, make sure your letter is littered with key words such as incompetent, discrimnatory, ignorant of the law/ACPO guidelines, and inconsiderate (he could have asked you to sit in his vehicle for your discussion, instead of standing in a potentially dangerous spot risking an incident, and/or hypothermia) and remind the Chiefy that for a charge of speeding to stick, he's have needed a second copper or a vascar in the vehicle to corroborate his evidence. :bangshead:  

Makes me mad, these sorts of things..