Caterham hunting

BEN99W

Ben,

Should be going down with Neckie who will be in his Caterham.

If the don't let me in it might be fun after travelling all the way from Oxford.

:D  :p  :D  :p  :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• CateringVan

• Arm

AFAIK its open to anyone. so feel free to come along and see what a proper sportscar looks like  :devil:  :devil:

Seriously, even if you're not interested in Caterhams the racing is excellent and well worth seeing  :love:

So where was everybody.

Went on Sunday and did not see any other Westy's.

Parked right in the middle of all of them all. One bloke started moaning to me so let him carry on for a while then informed him it was mine. "Thats was Fun"

:D  :p  :D  :p  :D  :p

Mark - did you run into a lorryload of kitchen floor covering on the way to brands  :D

There are a couple of photos of your car here  clicky - not taken by me though.

What did you think of the new Caterham ?

What did you think of the new Caterham

I have to say I did not like it, I think they may be losing their way. I understand the inboard stuff for EU etc but wide bodied cars do not do anything for me.

:D  :p  :D  :p

I quite liked it, I'm not sure about the new dash and I know what you mean about the widebody - I'm not a fan either. On balance I think I'd buy one if I had the money , which i dont  :arse:

A friend of mine was quoted just under £40K for a fully-built CSR260 and £1000 extra for the new dash  :0

If I had that money then I would build a very high spec XTR and have change.

But eh why bother just play with what I have got.

Good day though and some good racing.

One question though have either Westfield or Caterham put an invite out to each other for a showdown race meet.

That would be fun.

Gotta say, I quite like the new dash. I think they should make it an option for narrow cars too. I reckon they'd sell a few... I like the cycle wing/side repeater treatment too...

On a more general aesthetic point, I think the SV's proportions look all wrong. It looks like the design student that did it forgot to resize his Jpegs properly when he got the brief... :0:0:0

Mark - did you run into a lorryload of kitchen floor covering on the way to brands  

There are a couple of photos of your car here  clicky - not taken by me though

Althoughs Caterhams to choose from and a Westy ends up with more than ONE photo, just goes to show.

One question though have either Westfield or Caterham put an invite out to each other for a showdown race meet.

That would be fun.

definitely , although it would probably be quite tricky deciding how to group people because of the differences in engine spec.

Althoughs Caterhams to choose from and a Westy ends up with more than ONE photo, just goes to show.
I'm sure it was the colour scheme that did it  :cool:

Mark I saw your car generating a fair bit of interest whenever I was near it - far more so than the pre-lit and formula 27 which were also there did.

I must say I quite liked the cycle wings on the CSR but thought the interior too 'substantial' for its brief - damn steering wheel looks like its got an airbag in it!. It will appeal to overseas customers who aren't used to the bare-bones seven concept but I didn't hear much praise for it from those that were there.