Caterham hunting

BEN99W

Anyone in the Kent area this weekend with a particularly tasty set-up or a decent bit of talent?

Anyone who takes a pleasure in hunting out caterhams and making thier owners go home and reach for their cheque books in the frustration of being shown up by an 'inferior' car?

Well you might like to know that there's the biannual Caterham Festival on at Brands Hatch with an expected 300 sevens congregating - I'm not suggesting you attend (not sure they'd let you in!  :D ) but prowling around the area ought to be good sport.  :D

I'm attending with some caterham owning mates - can't decide whether to take mine or not as its only a 130bhp job and I'm likely to get a pasting but it might be funny all the same...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mark Purves

• CateringVan

• Arm

*waits patiently*

*Sits next to Mark*

*Opens result pages*

*Checks for C******m event records and FTD's* Not many.

*Smiles*

*Opens beer and popcorn*

:D:D:D

Well Ash, as you very well know, because I know you keep your ear to the ground  ;)  I haven't managed to beat your 57.43(?) at Loton this year I "only" managed a 57.73 but then again I think I may have about 50bhp less than you  :p.  I suspect the Caterham chassis (rather than amazing driving skills) enabled me to get so close :D

Blatman - if we're comparing results pages then perhaps I should raise the subject of Wiscombe Park which was definitely a Caterham vs Westfield day  :p  :devil:

As regards my frequenting here, I used to pop on here as lurker to see what you kindred spirits (though sadly mis-guided ones ;)) were up to.  Then Blatchat went down so I popped in to get out of the cold :down:  :D

Ken

perhaps I should raise the subject of Wiscombe Park which was definitely a Caterham vs Westfield day  

The weather was hardly condusive though. It was never going be a decent comparison. My best at Wiscombe is faster than Brodie Branch did on that day, IIRC....

Sorry Ken it was a genuine question and not a wind-up as suggested by my other friends. Maybe my time for posting could have been better.With respect to Loton I didn't know if you had got closer to the target we both wish and aim for but you are right I had looked.

I happen to think your car is very good but more importantly I know you are a very good competitor, better than me, I just think I had a very fortunate run that day.

I read the original post with a smile and with knowledge that exactly the same goes on within Blatchat and other one make forums.

Ash