• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan Coombes

• neilb

• Bananaman

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

This whole post just get the old grey matter thinking  :devil:

Nick  :D

So its Black Plastic, carbon effect, with elbow room, that deflect the water, way less than a very light thing and look the dogs dangly bits, do we really have to wait six weeks :( put me down for a pair.  :p  :p  :p  :p  ;)  ;)  ;)

If anyone has some of the Westfield factory ones, can you take a photo, so we can see what they look like.

My plan was to get some made like the c******m ones with a bulge/elbow room.

I have spoken to the company who make the c******m ones and they make them in aluminium, then cover them in vinyl with a little bit of carpet on the inside.

He is happy to make some for us lot but set the set up charge is quite a lot.

They would have to be covered in vinyl so you could use the poper’s to attach it to the car, they also need to be quite ridged as they take a bit of a pounding.

when I drove to SVA it rained LOTS. the airflow over the car is such that all the water along the side of the car is pushed up and over the sides of the cockpit and into your lap. hence some sort of simple seal to help deflect the water backwards and away over the arches would be a good thing.

This is the most important bit I think - even the standard door are quite frankly sh*t at keeping water out.

I would like to be able to attach mine to the car with poppers - tonneau-style

Bulge works for me aswell

Midds

If anyone has some of the Westfield factory ones, can you take a photo, so we can see what they look like

I will try and get some photos of the ones on my car - they are held on by 4 press studs and basicly follow the lines of the rear arch and door space.

Neil  :cool:

Just phoned Westfield about some rivites & asked about 1/2 doors for SEiW with detachable rear arches, apparentley not a standard product. :arse: BUT

They would take 3 Weeks & cost £120.00 inc VAT

How much do you recon yours might be NickA?

Andy

P.S. Nick have you had any joy Re the Autosport show? I've not recived anything so far.

Paul Helsby...

How did you manage to park your car on top of a three seater sofa??!! :D

BEC are very light and don't tell the wife :angry:  :angry: You do of course need exceptional driving skills