• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan Coombes

• neilb

• Bananaman

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Wanna be a sponsor Nick  ;)  :)  :D  :devil:  ;)

I was wondering about that Mark :D

Provided we can get orders for 50 or more generally it can be worth doing :D  :D  :D

Trouble is it's takes about 8 weeks and everyone get's bored :arse: waiting. Not an instant process like fibreglass.

Nick

Anyone got a Westie without detachable rear arches near Newcastle / Durham?

Need something to make patterns from.  :D

Nick

The R500 has carbon effect leather, looks great. Would be a work of art and well worth the money if we could get the sidescreens made in that material :)

Thanks for the response everyone.

Nice Plastic ones coming up in about 6 weeks.

Will be available either in Carbon Effect or Normal Black or Plain so they can be painted.

Any other design features people want?

Nick

Nick,

Two thoughts re half doors:

1. my preference is for some similar to the full sidescreens, in that they stick out slightly and have a little elbow room in them - my understanding was that the Westfield ones are not like this, but could be wrong.

2. when I drove to SVA it rained LOTS. the airflow over the car is such that all the water along the side of the car is pushed up and over the sides of the cockpit and into your lap. hence some sort of simple seal to help deflect the water backwards and away over the arches would be a good thing.

It was for these reasons that I was going to look into getting some bespoke ones made up by a trimmer.  But I quite like the sound of plastic ones. Questions: I assume they will be fairly thin (like the guards, cycle wings, etc.) and therefore be light (another good thing).  How do you propose they are attached to the car?  Studs like a vinyl one would be?

I'll try to think of some more projects for you  :D

Moomin

Hmmm, plastic? I'm still after the leather/vinyl half door equivalent of the full doors but with elbow room (concaved to the outside). Basically the c******m half doors for a Shedfield  :t-up:

I got mine from the factory also... for a wide £100 the pair and not that long ago :D  :D

Sold 'em now though asd I couldn't get the gammy leg into the car with 'em on :angry:

Go on... Ring the factory :D  :p