Blimy

taffy

Rob

Blimey!!

Glad to hear Pat`s OK, sad to hear the Rover is no more.

Had a mate who hid a black and white cow on his Suzuki 185, put him in hospital for a couple of weeks. Next time he rode a bike he ran over a black and white cat, nearly caused him to crash again. Has put him off black and white animals for good.

Hope this hasnt put Pat off steak!

Give her a cuddle from me, Dawnie & Jenni

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• peterg

• Blatman

• taffy

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill may have been sent, but was it paid? I'd be counter claiming for damage due to the farmers negligence, to wit, not keeping his livestock adequately fenced in and protected....

Actually it is the farmers fault if the beast goes through fence/barrier etc but not if it jumps over it as this is considered an act of god.  I know this after a friend of mine ( some years ago) picked up his series 2 lotus elan drove it for 24 miles and hit a sheep which wrecked both.  He eventually one his claim as the farmer couldn't prove that it had jumped a barrier.

Still that lotus for you....Lots Of Trouble Usually Sheep!

Hi Guys (and Galls),

Just thougt Id say thanks for all your nice comments! :D

Still finding bits of glass in me hair and pockets!

Imagine the fun I had (when I telephoned the insurance) explaining to a guy in Bangladesh that Id killed a cow. :devil:

You would have thought it was his brother! :D  :D  :devil:

Anyway does anybody wanna buy some cheap Beef? :D  :D

c Ya all soon

Pat

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear everyone's fine and unhurt.

Farmers as should pet owners (dogs especially) should have public liability insurance to cover themselves for incidents like this.

I've seen the mess a fully grown Stag can make of the front of a HGV so I'm allways wary of what you can't see round the next corner when blatting. (Stag incident happened to a friend of mine, truck unit was written off it was that bad, hit at around 50mph after locking wheels up)...I'd say they had a lucky escape with that cow. How fast were they going on impact?

They call me the deer hunter at work, 'cos I've killed two, injured one and had one literally run over the top my car when I had seen it and stopped.  All happened over the course of two Audi A6's on the same piece of road (near Ragley Hall in Warwickshire) .  Not big b*******s, either, but they did cause big damage.  Hitting a cow must have been a bl**** enormous impact - pleased all OK.

Needless to say I take it slow in the Westy on that particular piece of road.

my neighbour hit a cow in his Lexus last year.It shot out of a bush,straight in front of them.It was a 30 mph area and a wildlife reserve and was doing the 30.The cow hit the bonnet,rolled up the windscreen,pierced the screen with its horn,narrowly missing his g.f 's face with the horn and she hit the windscreen coming towards her.It went over the roof and that horn pulled the roof panel back and then proceeded to flatten the doors down the passenger side.It then got hit by a fiesta that was behind and totalled that.Cow was examined by the vet and was fine!!!!Cost 6 grand to fix the car and was a mess when it came back.Farmer paid out of his insurance.

Don't drive fast down country lanes - the steaks are too high! smiley_tongueout2.gif

hahahaha.gif

sorry

Rob

Glad both OK

Several years ago a train hit some cows on the line from Glasgow to Edinburgh and lots of folks killed. We now have to design trains with leading axle loads pretty heavy and cow friendly fronts - well not friendly to the cow really - but helps keep the train on the rails.

A train I was on hit a cow once near Uttoxeter, train OK cow not OK

Kerry S

PS When I was in Oz I learnt that 'roo bars really are a necessity as 'roos have similar mass to a cow and there aren't too many street lights out in the bush.

Blimey, Glad everyone's ok, except the cow of course. In the south african bush you are instructed to drive with the inside light on in your car as the Kudu (bl**** large derr thing) have a tendency to jump your headlights. If the courtesy light is on aswell they'll jump the car...

Am I the only one to like mine rare?

Put a moon shaped light on the roof; cows jump over the moon, don't they? :p