so whats it worth

HarvSurrey

indeed i tend to agree with what has been said .my car was built as a road car with loads of power,and then made bullet proof for the track also.....

i can see it going for sale for around 9k but if i do that look what it does to the price of others around.

my engine is worth 3k second hand my box 600 quid thats before we get into every other bullet proof component on it and various sets of wheels and tyres for every occation.

i guess that selling it for 9 should really push down the price of some of the 7.5 to 8k cars then.

ps the add is down in the cars for sale and is the 225bhp zetec.............if you feel like making a realistic offer then try me and see what i think.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• HarvSurrey

• furtive

• studbuckle

Well, put it this way.

I've had mine for 18 months, in that time, it's been tidied up a bit but also had some wear. I've upgraded the engine from a stock x-flow with 90 bhp to 120 bhp plus, and swapped the 4-speed for 5-speed, some decentish tyres and round light conversion. Car (hopefully) sold for 700 quid less than I paid for it. Reason being, everyone else is selling theirs off cheaper. I've still got the ads from 18 months ago and cars are now 500 to 1000 quid cheaper at the bottom end of the market and 1500 to 2000 quid cheaper at the mid to top end.

It's such a small market that prices are reflected on what everyone else sells at and I think this year there's been so many come up for sale that prices have fallen.

I'm starting to sound like an economist now

Purple People Eater

Pics of the PPE

They're early A*** pictures of the PPE.  It's not like that at all now.

As of the weekend it'll be different again as it's getting a brand new Wunoff zorst, an aeroscreen and purple silicone hosing :D

Annoyingly since the BaT site revamp I can no longer link pictures to here as it doesn't like the lack of .jpg extention.

As it is, here are some more recent pics: Click me

Annoyingly since the BaT site revamp I can no longer link pictures to here as it doesn't like the lack of .jpg extention.

Ahem...look here.

Andy

Blater's i am selling as i never seem to use the thing often enough.

As a road car its a stormer,as a track car its a stormer,as a sprint car,i can see it would be right up there,but alas after 6 years i feel its time to move onward and upward into porker ownership ,as i wish to travel europe and quaff good wine.

To that end it will be a 968 or wait a year and get a 993 or even an M coupe.

one thing is for sure ,a tear will form as it gets driven away.

trouble is blatters nobody seem interestead in it at the price it is ...............what do you recon ,how much if i actually want to shift it?....its a spot on car with all the gremlins ironed ,out .perfect cooling ,new brice alternater,and its currently having a bottom end rebuild so that will also be all new.

What else can a man do to sell a nice car?

I reckon it should go for 10.5K.........

BUT, much depends on where you're advertising it, I reckon.

If it's up for sale on the "free" BB's around the net, then you may well struggle. An ad in Autosport though, with a suitable price hike, and "ono" on the end, may see it shifted for the asking price.......

There are normally a few Westfields in Autosport, as well as Motorsport News (which would be worth a go too, IMO). It may not be the *best* place, but what is the likely demographic of the readership? Prob'ly better than the free internet sites, IMO, and you'll reach punters who maybe *expect* to pay a little more for what is going to be a bullet proof track/race car. Word the advert carefully, and who knows?

CCC and the kit car mags are also worth a speculative punt too......

it looks like cars are selling, if you check the cars for sale section a few have sold recently, maybe you could PM the owners who sold and see if they can help?

eg Neo sold a 2l Zetec SEiW had it listed for £9395.00 O.N.O

Mel 1 sold a Seight listed for  £8750

regards,

Greg