• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FW400 Ian

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Peter Cox

That's my car !!!!!, nice isn't it !. The car is the higher power one and was nearly £40K WOW!!!!!! (i have seen the original invoice) It was the last one they made. Been to see how it's getting on today and it's got a problem with the cat so will not pass the MOT. They hope to sort it by tomorrow so i can collect it Thursday. Let's prey for a dry day or I'm going to get a bit wet  :down:

When first launched in 98 they were £35K for the lower powered spec and £39K for the higher power model  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

You would be Mr H  ;)  ;)  ;) if you saw one in the flesh. Full carbon chassis  :cool:  :cool: K-series (o.k its not 100% perfect) and hewland box  :D  :D  featherweight 400 bhp / tonne niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice  :D  :D  :love:  ;)

Very nice  :t-up:  

I hope it's Headgasket is alot stronger than a normal

K-series  :down:  :down:

...and don't forget, the custom for people buying their 1st Westfield is to offer double trackday drives to everyone who replies to your 1st post  :cool:  :t-up:  ;)  :D

Ian,

Is it at Westfield at the moment? Maybe worth a chat to them about could they fit a decent rollbar on it, as I guess you'll be tracking it fairly hard!

looks fantastic!

regards,

greg

Ian,

Once you've taken delivery of the FW400, could you post some photos of it's insides? I'm very interested in seeing how it's made/laid out.  :t-up:

I'm mifed at to why Westfield's take on a CF se7en wasn't a commercial success. Did they just not get any orders for there or were there supplier issues that stopped the product?

Cheers

DC :xmas:

Mark Stanton Posted on Aug. 24 2004,20:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When first launched in 98 they were £35K for the lower powered spec and £39K for the higher power model        

???  ???  ???  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:  :blues:  :blues:  :blues:

Yep all down to price. Westfield built the FW400 @ £39,000 with a power to weight ratio of 470bhp per ton then a few months later Caterham launched the R500 for @ £32,000 ish. Did not take much working out what would happen to the FW400 pity really. :(

Re rollbar

Been into Westfield today as I was a bit concerned about the rollbar comment (best be safe than sorry) They have asured me the bars (they are 2) are more than upto the job and the car was designed with F1 safty in mind. (lets hope I never get to check it out)

???