Curborough Photos

Big Bad Ben

That meeting must hold the record for the most red flags

Yes I thought that - every slightest thing and someone threw out a red flag

I thought the red flags went out a bit too often too, but I'd rather be moaned at for sweeping the track too often than not often enough... :p:p:p;)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• peterg

• Big Bad Ben

• Ian Podmore

Good event but my first timed run was at 1555 hrs !!

I'm amazed we got a second run tbh I had already started packing up when we got the news :0

We are looking very sunburnt today which doesnt help my case for telling work I was stuck in the office working all weekend ???

hello there taffy and b b ben,

this is the fella in the red narrow body, you met briefly yesterday.

sorry i couldnt stop and talk - the 5 yr old daughter had put up with 2 hours of that lot, 1 hour of that was queing for her chips!

i found out that anyone? can hire curborough for a day 9 - 5, tuesday wednesday, thursday for about £330 and half a day is also available.

Was there some big crashes then

Not one, not even any pushing of cars due to fuel starvation  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

But - there was the Scimitar that I pushed off the track (in an attempt to get the red flags put away quickly).

Horrible clunking sound when the starter motor engaged - and lots of tiny pieces of metal coming out of the exhaust. :(

Didn't need our headlights after all. :p

Was there some big crashes then

Not one, not even any pushing of cars due to fuel starvation  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

*cough*

The green Coupe wedged in the ditch  ???  ???  ???

A heavy car considering it's plastic.

The poor driver must have a real complex now... Clerk of the Course said... "we need someone in the drivers seat to steer while we push"

He took one look at the cars owner/driver and said "No not you, someone lighter"  :D  :D  :D

It was a good day if a little slow between runs sometimes... nice to see you all again. Next event for me is the Brighton Speed Trials on 11th Sept so I will definitely have to change the gearing for that!

Taffy, thanks for the CF - you didn't collect the beer on Sunday so I toasted you with it at 22:45  ;)  :D  that's when I finally got home...at least I wasn't going clockwise on the M25 near the M4, it was shut and loads of people had been there so long it looked like they were having parties in the central reservation  :p  :D

That meeting must hold the record for the most red flags :0

The Tamworth Tanks were a nightmare after lunch.

Each of their timed runs placed mud and stones on the track and we were obliged to keep the track clean ready for the Westfields.

:D

Hi Halroach, nice to have met you (briefly! ) on Sunday.  

See you at the Cup Yoxall soon?

Good idea - keep an eye on the board for the date/time for the next gathering there.  Rumour has it that there might be a small camping 'event' there soon, watch this space....

There's normally one or two westies up at Curborough on a Sunday morning, and their drivers having a cup of tea and a chat.  On the last Sunday of this month the Lotus 7 Club are going to be up there - might be worth going and having a look ???

Oooooh :oops::oops: Westfield World's just dropped through my letter box - another A4 size one :cool:

Anyone have the website address of that bloke taking piccies yesterday, I've left the bit of paper at home.....something about Magpie..? Don't suppose he's put them all up yet but you never know  ;)

magpiemicros.co.uk