• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

how fast can you  fill your petrol tank??

David T.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toby Mack

• geelhoed

• Blatman

• Martin Keene

More of a problem is when the fuel sloshes back out of the filler, falls onto the fog light mounted beneath - and then you can watch while the petrol dissolves the plastic in front of your eyes...!!!

It has never harmed my lights! They're glass! :D

No problems here, have Westfield changed their fueltank design?

Mine has a breather with ballvalve on the portside. Fuel goes in as fast as BP can give it to me.

can you expand on the breather pipe please, where is it fitted and did it come with the car / tank

Dave

can you expand on the breather pipe please, where is it fitted and did it come with the car / tank

The ball valve came with the tank and is standard on westfields tanks. Photo taken from their parts store

190.jpg

I just added a length of clear tubing onto it, and tiewrapped it to the chassis under the rollbar, so no fuel could ever come out.

A slight addition to my tankfilling experiences: I was at a texaco station this week and I had to trickle it in because the pump kept cutting out. took me 5 minutes, Ah well back to BP then!

I got the same tank with valve and filler welded at the top and I have no problems either...

You obviously haven't tried accelerating hard out of a long left hander with less than half a tank of fuel then... :devil::devil::devil:

You obviously haven't tried accelerating hard out of a long left hander with less than half a tank of fuel then... :devil::devil::devil:

Yesterday I took the wife of a mate and she wanted a few laps around a roundabout. I have to admit it was fun sliding a bit but the tank had only 5liters left in it and after 2.5 laps it started coughing  :D

FYI: roundabouts are left corners in most civilised countries  :p

It's all in the wrist action  ..... Apparently!

Tigger

Had the same problems... had the fuel pipe rewelded so that it points vertically upwards and the filler cap is now horizontal on the boot cover. Haven't broken any more lenses and it fills as quick as you like...

• 2 weeks later...

If you do spill petrol onto the rear fog light lens - wash it as soon as poss. with water and let it dry off.

Don't try and wipe it off.

All plastic light lenses will be attacked by petrol and crack - or craze.

Regards

Steve @ sVc

although next time I'm going to try pointing the pump at the back of the neck.

But won't you just get a wet back and no fuel in the tank. :D  :D  :D