Good Towcars for a Trailer+Westie

SteveF

What you really need is a clapped out tranny van.   Bung a matress in the back, hang 2 furry dice off the mirror, fit some air horns - That's what i used for pulling in the seventies  :devil:

As for towing trailers - haven't a clue

I'll get my afghan coat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveF

• Peter Cox

• JimNoble

• Nick M

Did you have the 'posh' version with a roof lining in the back to stop the condensation dripping on your backside  :devil:  :D  :blush:

Back on topic - the Bora has split rear folding seats - so nearly as useful as a hatch - and it's what I'm used to with the Scoob

i being very flash use a citroen xantia l reg with 140000 miles on it for towing.i know everyone hates the suspension but for towing its great you just load it up and the hight corrects itself and of you go as fast as u can drag it

Why not consider an Alfa 156 JTD , good looks , good handling & mint sounding engine

But dubious quality :D  :D  :D

Or try a new Primera diesel estate which are very cheap cos no one can stand rthe look of them but are genuinely a really good car

Hmmmm...neither the Bora nor the Alfa seem suited to take a great dane (without using the rear seats) on the odd occasion that the "kennels" car is unavailable.

Tried the Tranny route for the kennels car, but SWMBO was scared at the sheer scale of the thing (she's driven them before...for the RSPCA)...and, I must admit, they have all the size of a big Volvo, but none of the comfort.

Food for thought...

Lotus Carlton? Lots of torque & plenty of space for tools, tyres etc. I wonder what the trailer would be like at 180 mph. Bit snakey I suspect!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Test drove a 3 dr 130 Golf at the weekend - can anybody tell me (Arm?) if its normal for the front wheels to squeel if you go round a roundabout at 30 mph? - is there something wrong with this particular car - or am I just too used to cars that handle better (Scooby + Westie). Also somebody told me that the Bora handles better - anybody have an opinion?

Steve

The Golf or Bora won't stack up handling wise against either of the cars you are used to, tho I would imagine the tyre squealing was more due to road conditions than the car, I was in Tesco's the other day and every single car squealed its tyres round their roundabout cos it was hot, even grannies in 1 litre Micras!

Evidently the Bora's handle a little better than the Golf due to the extra rigidity of the booted Bora floorpan, so might be worth a try.

Chris

Hmmmm...neither the Bora nor the Alfa seem suited to take a great dane (without using the rear seats)

I've got 2 great danes and they both fit in the back of my C class estate with their heads down, my uncle has a deisel version of the same car that he uses to pull his caravan he thinks it's better the 850 which it replaced.351.jpeg

I was in Tesco's the other day and every single car squealed its tyres round their roundabout cos it was hot, even grannies in 1 litre Micras!

this isn't necessarily because of heat, NCP and supermarket car parks are often surfaced with deliberately 'noisy' asphalt so everyone slows down ;)