Points system

Bananaman

Just having a look at the results from Llys - y - Fran - 25th July, Noticed that you get 14 points for 2nd out of 5 (Class A) & 12 points for 3rd yet if ther is 4 in class the max you can get is 12 points  :bangshead:  do we as the WSS set the points system of is it pre=ordained by others. ???

Sorry if this has been covered B4.................

Tim Pennington A 16

Adrian Galtress A 14

Richard MGreen A 12

Mark Stanton A 11

Roland Garratt A 10

Barry Slingsby B 12

Keith Anderson B 10

Ray Turner B 9

Michael Smith B 8

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mrs Westy

• Bananaman

• Rob Navin

• adhawkins

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe...now you're really opening a can of worms...Yep, we were having this discussion over the weekend.  At Llandow, Keith came within 0.16 of the class record (well, before Ash broke it) finishing a good 5 seconds above the others in B, yet still only scores 12 points because there were 4 in class B  ???  Same with Ash and Wotbox, both taking class records but not able to score full points.

/can of worms

I guess the argument is that it's easier to score points if there are less people in the class. So, to even things up, you get less points because of it.

Maybe.

Andy

I guess the argument is that it's easier to score points if there are less people in the class. So, to even things up, you get less points because of it.

Maybe.

Andy

Yes but take Wotbox and Ash as examples this weekend.  Both broke class records, yet both will only receive 12/13 points.  There could have been 50 people in their classes and chances are, they would still both have come first.  Some other championships work on a system whereby the number of points you score is based on how close/far away you get from the existing class record, which in many ways seems more sensible as if you are the only WSS competitor in your class on the day, you still have an incentive to push hard and improve your times.

However, I am sure that the Speed Series organisers have had many lenghty discussions over the years about the relative merits of each system and have tried their best to come up with a sensible solution.  As with many things, there is no "one size fits all" and someone is bound to be unhappy with whatever system is proposed.  I am sure that all comments and "issues arising" are taken on board in ongoing endeavours to ensure that the system is working as effectively as it can do.

However, I am sure that the Speed Series organisers have had many lenghty discussions over the years about the relative merits of each system and have tried their best to come up with a sensible solution.  As with many things, there is no "one size fits all" and someone is bound to be unhappy with whatever system is proposed.  I am sure that all comments and "issues arising" are taken on board in ongoing endeavours to ensure that the system is working as effectively as it can do.

Which constituency you running for Mrs. W?

???

Andy

Where've you seen those then?

in me e-mail........ ;)

P.S. Well done for the 20 points....when are you next out ???

Maybe.

Andy

My point is you get 12 points for beating 2 people out of 5 & you get 12 points fro beating 3 people out of 4 ??? you get 14 points for beating 3 people out of 5 ?????????

i.e. you get more points for finishing 2nd/5 than 1st/4

Exackerly Mrs W  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  and you can be assured yet more midnight oil will be burnt before 2005 season commences  ;)  ;)  ;) No-one is saying its perfect by any means and every season adjustments will be made  ;)  ;)

One thing to bear in mind with the SS is that compared to many other champiosnhips we are still relative "new-comers" and still well into a steep learning curve  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D

If anyone has any thoughts or considerations to make please e-mail myself or Steve Robinson directly  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

If anyone has any thoughts or considerations to make please e-mail myself or Steve Robinson directly  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

Will do Mr S....... :D  :t-up:

17 point class for Ivory X-flow cars or radicals would be a great idea :D:D

I did notice that if you order the spreadsheet alphabetically by Surname/first name, I'm leading the Speed Series  :t-up: