Dear Aunty Westy

7SE

The Missus wishes to take a mate (female) out for a drive in the Westfield, to a pub for a drink etc.  :0

Should I be pleased that she takes such a positive interest in the car or a nervous quivering wreck?

Advice welcome please...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

• adhawkins

• 7SE

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were me, I'd be the latter ;)

No matter how good a driver the Welsh Wizard is, I hate other people driving my cars, especially if I'm not with them.

Andy

The latter - should follow behind as best as you can in the tintop to keep an eye on her/it/them

Kerry S

Yup, it's not just the Westfield, and it's not just the wife.

Whenever anyone drives either of my cars I'm always concerned, particularly if I'm not with them...

They're my toys :)

Andy

Think my car would develop sudden mechanical problems :p

Anyway I've fixed the seat right back and she can't reach the pedals   :devil:  :devil:

J D      :cool:

Yup, it's not just the Westfield, and it's not just the wife.

Whenever anyone drives either of my cars I'm always concerned, particularly if I'm not with them...

They're my toys :)

Andy

Bit difficult saying that when your missus drives in the Speed Series, and does OK....

I'm *very* comfortable letting Blatgirl :love: drive any vehicle I own...

My missus scares me in her 1.2 corsa, no way on earth I'd let her out in the westy without me...

But it would nice if she showed some interest instead of saying "when’s the car going to finished... as I wan the hall decorating......." ???  ???

Sound familiar to anyone ?   :D

Bit difficult saying that when your missus drives in the Speed Series, and does OK....

I'm *very* comfortable letting Blatgirl :love: drive any vehicle I own...

Glad to hear it...

At then end of the day, Luned has only driven the Westfield a couple of times, and it does take a little getting used to compared to her Fiesta :)

Perhaps if she drove it more often I might be more comfortable ;)

Andy

Can't you adjust the pedals and/or seat so that your better half can't drive it (You will appear disappointed obviously). That way you can be seen to be viewing SWMBO driving your pride and joy in a positive light whilst saving yourself from hours of worry and angst, and the hassle you will get when she sees you spending an hour (or more) checking for damage.

If SWMBO wants to take a friend (fermale) out, definitely let her go.  She is showing a positive interest and if anyting bad should happen, the guilt will pay for any number of upgrades.

On the other hand, if your daughter asks to borrow it, move very fast (with the keys) in the opposite direction.  No guilt, no responsibility and definitely no money!!!

Cheers, John

Can't you adjust the pedals and/or seat so that your better half can't drive it (You will appear disappointed obviously). That way you can be seen to be viewing SWMBO driving your pride and joy in a positive light whilst saving yourself from hours of worry and angst, and the hassle you will get when she sees you spending an hour (or more) checking for damage.

Was that aimed at me? My seat is adjustable...

Andy