FW400

Petrol.Head

Nothing to do with me  :0

But may be of interest to somebody with loads of money :bangshead::bangshead::bangshead:

FW400

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• Mark Purves

• Al Yupright

westfield fw 400 supercar, one of only six in the world. this car with carbon fibre chasis and a 1.8L engine develops 187bhp or 470 bhp per tonne. 0-60 mph in 3.5 secs, 0-100 mph under 6.0 secs and is capable of 160 mph. with fully adjustable suspension and gear box ratio's, this road legal car is ideal for race tracks.

Does this car really weigh only 397Kg's 187bhp/470/tonne ???

Yum.

I think the FW400 (400bhp per ton) didnt have the VHPD engine, it had slightly less, 160bhp iirc, which perhaps explains why this one is 470?

One of them with an S2000 engine, or perhaps a duratec (cos its lighter). Yum.

He wont get 20K, the factory had an orange one for 16 for ages.

The 400 in FW400 was always supposed to be how much they wieghed. No idea if they actually met the target or not though...

Edited to add: b*******, must type much faster!

May have shed loads of power can it be used ?

Power is nothing without control .......

how many times have you seen 'claimed' powerful cars blown away by lesser mortals in well driven, well setup cars....

On the subject of 0-100, article in the Kit Car mag this month states that a cateringvan has clocked 0-100 and back to 0 in 10.7secs. Quicker than a GSX1000 and many other very expensive italian cars?? Do we have any Westie challangers to this figure???? I think the cateringvan was a seven style R500?

Also one for sale in crcuit driver mag this month for sub 20K.

Car part of collection that is being sold and I think car has covered less 1000 miles

FW400 stood for "Feather Weight" and the 400 was ment to be the weight in road going I think it was a bit heavier but the racecar was about 400kg. With the 190bhp engine it made 475bhp/ton. ;)

That 0-100 time is surely a typo :

The perfmance figures may be correct  :oops:

I remember an AUTOCAR head to head test a couple of years ago where the FW400 had the fastest ever production car 0 - 100 - 0 time.

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

I don't think so

A Caterham with 500 bhp/ton does it in 8s

Maclaren F1 with 570 odd bhp/ton in 6.8s

I havn't seen a production road car with a 0-100 time that is less than double the 0-60 time

Something doesn't add up  ???  :0

May have shed loads of power can it be used ?

Power is nothing without control .......

how many times have you seen 'claimed' powerful cars blown away by lesser mortals in well driven, well setup cars....

Since when was 187bhp considered "shed loads" ?? ???

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.