STOLEN

chazpowerslide

Fu**in' low life, parasitic, idle, scumbag c**ts. The worst part is being boiling mad with no-one to take it out of.

Bad luck Chaz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• DutchWestfield

• Rob Navin

My sympathies Chaz.  I have experiences FJ's claims service, but again it was an accident repair, and a few years ago now, however - I have no complaints about the service that I received, it was very good.

So sorry to here about some pondlife stealing your car.  Your registration number is not so far away from mine so it is easy for me to remember.  Therefore I apologise in advance for my strange behaviour to an alledged owner of a car who's registration number is the same as the number on stolen property belonging to Chaz. :angry:

Any word yet?

B@$T@RD$ is nothing sacred anymore?

I really feel for you, a mate and I found two kids in my old Polo 6 years ago with a Caddy key that fitted and started the car when I tried it, luckily for me they didn't know about turning the wheel slightly to take the lock off the ignition barrel. To say it was going to be pointless to take them down the cop shop as they were about 15/16, so we gave them a good kicking and told them if we ever saw them again they'd be drinking their food through a straw in hospital. Never saw them again so hopefully they have learnt their lesson.

has made me seriosuly think about getting my Tracker re-registered
I'm afraid these only really work if they are activated quickly or it's stolen by joy riders, organized car thiefs will have the car in a metal container as quick as they can and we all know trackers don't work in these unfortunatly.

I have a wheel clamp I put on when the cars parked anywhere and do as much to deter thiefs like parking in car parks where there is CCTV, car also has an immobiliser linked directly to ECU, no signal ECU will not allow engine to fire up.

If I found anyone trying to nick the car from my house the Rottweiller will be the first to them followed by my neighbours 4 Alsatians  :devil:  :devil:

Will also keep an eye out for you, hope you get the result you want.

No word as yet.

I've leafleted the area and the Police have asked to do a press relese in the local rag (Cambridge Evening News) so I'm still hopefull.

Thanks for the comments.

I'll post up the complete spec of the car in due course on this thread, didn't want to do it sooner in case the pondlife that nicked it read it and realised what they had got........

Chaz.

Hi Chaz,

Sorry indeed to hear your news.

I suggest you post a few pics here, and I know everyone will keep an eye open for it.

Neil

Chaz

Sorry to hear the news, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Would also like to say a big thank you for organising last weekends event both my other half and I think that it was a great success and obvious that you had put alot of time and thought into it.  

Well done and thank you

Sorry to hear of your loss, the thing is, they're not exactly a low key car, somebody is bound to spot it.

I'm in Essex and I'll keep my eyes peeled (as I do for any Westfield).

Good luck with your hunt

Tigger

• 2 weeks later...

The progress on this is not good I'm afraid to report.

I've put flyers out to about 100 houses around my own, I have had two press releaces in the local newspaper (I've had people come up to me in the street and talk to me about the car)

I have a few mates who drink in the three pubs in the village keeping an ear to the ground but no word yet.

I have given in to the inevitable and posted the insurance forms off along with about 50 A4 pages of photocopies of receiepts from the re-build.

I'm still worried they'll say "oh it's only a Pinto engined Westy, lets offer him £3000 for it"

We sit and wait...............

Chaz.

Chaz, I had "only a Pinto engined Westy" that got written off. They gave me a good deal more than £3k. I paid £6500, and got £6500 - less excess - a couple of months later. That was last year and now have another "mere Pinto engined Westy" with an agreed value of £6.5k. There's two pieces of supporting evidence that such cars are worth that sort of money at least.

Good Luck ???

Ask the factory "nicely" for a comparative value.

Based on conversations with other (and my own experience), in the face of that, assessors - most who know very little about Westfields - will normally agree and pay.