Brunty or Bust - 31st July 2004

Felix7

Chris. you leave us downtrodden Merc white van drivers alone!

great day out,I wish your lad good luck with his Mini.

Cheers, Dave

Mini!....after today he wants a Noble!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Felix7

• paulc

• shaun

• Ian Gratton

A cracking day out today, what Westfield ownership is all about. Great weather, excellent route to Bruntingthorpe (thanks to the lads at Seloc) and a good laugh with the lads from our area.  

Now where did i put that aftersun :blush:  :blush:

Rich.

Agreed, excellent day out and superbly organised. The organised run from the motorcycle museum was good fun and not to mention quite brisk  :devil:  :D  :devil:

Good to see Pat and Mark again from SELOC. No doubt see you both at Le Mans again next year, if not before.

Nige

Was a great day - good to meet you all, even though I didn't get names :0  , excuse my ignorance ;)

Westie was pretty faultless all day, only thing that broke was the oil pressure switch - wire snapped so nothing bad.

Whole day was in great spirit - apart from one Porsche owner. Went up asking if he was doing passenger laps, his reply was (in proper geek stuck up mode) "oooooh nooooo, I'm not doing passenger rides"

Didn't really wanna go out in a yellow boxster anyway - enough people question my masculinity without doing that :D

We're booked at Bedford on 25th August with Autocar and 31st with Seloc, if anyone wants to pop by for passenger rides.

Theres not too many cones at Bedford, so I'll probably be ok - I may have caught a few yesterday, but I thought that was the best way to christen it :cool:

Cheryl and I had a great day out too, unfortunately didn't meet too many of you, but we did meet a couple of guys at Blenheim Palace (I forget your names sorry) and the chap with blue Bird powered Westy.  

Had a hoot on the 4x4 course too, got to do it a few of times at no extra charge as the instructors weren't busy :D

Anyway, photos will be going up on photoisland a little later so I'll post a link then.  Again, thanks everyone, great day and amazing weather.

We're booked at Bedford on 25th August with Autocar and 31st with Seloc, if anyone wants to pop by for passenger rides.

I presume Autocar are doing a feature on the car.

Hope you are getting paid well by Westfield for the publicity   :D  :D  :D

LOL, err now theres a thought.

No feature with Autocar - just out playing with Porsches :)

Guys great to see so many of you there, glad you had a good day and that Ian got out on track.

Nige sorry I didn't get the chance to talk, seems wearing a red t-shirt would mean that nobody would leave you alone ;)!

Prosport 3000 belongs to Alan Waters, Birkin cars owner, who has done PAX rides for me before, Graham Morris, the Elise GT1 owner, is a friend and was happy as larry to finally after 5 years to get the car out on track, it has been extensively restored!

Yes,

thanks again Pat - you did a great job of managing to co-ordinate so many things and still being able to smile and greet people on the day.

Do you happen to know how much the quick PAX ride in the XTR4 managed to make ?  It was short and sweet but the westi loved it (oh - and me too).

I got some more donations today from folks at work who were away last week whilst I was doing the rounds, there should have also been a young lady who handed in a tenner on the day having 5 passenger laps with me on the sprint course.

Westi is in garage covered in Dead flies and cone scuffs (grrrrr. craig) - I'm not that bothered as its his turn to spit and pollish this time

Next time (I'm guessing this is gonna happen again) we'll get track time booked in advance and make the charity of choice some more dosh.:p

Hi Guys,

Great to hear you enjoyed it so much :)

Theres an outside chance of us producing a DVD from footage that people shot for their own use during the day, so if you've got any footage of the event or the runs, just let me know and I'll send you details of where to send it.  I realise the additional weight of a videocam is probably anathema to you, but hey, you never know, I thought I'd ask! ;)

I have a 1 lap bullet cam from in the Orange factory XTR4 @ Bedford - its gonna be a 47meg download if you want.  I can make it available via ftp if thats easier.

I know John Felstead has some great footage at donington park in his crazy powered ZEi220

Its alright - but it was our first outing in a 4 so should be fun in august.

Yes,

thanks again Pat - you did a great job of managing to co-ordinate so many things and still being able to smile and greet people on the day.

Do you happen to know how much the quick PAX ride in the XTR4 managed to make ?  It was short and sweet but the westi loved it (oh - and me too).

I got some more donations today from folks at work who were away last week whilst I was doing the rounds, there should have also been a young lady who handed in a tenner on the day having 5 passenger laps with me on the sprint course.

Westi is in garage covered in Dead flies and cone scuffs (grrrrr. craig) - I'm not that bothered as its his turn to spit and pollish this time

Next time (I'm guessing this is gonna happen again) we'll get track time booked in advance and make the charity of choice some more dosh.:p

...the next time...have already looked to book the venue again, this event was 8 months hard work for a dedicated core team of SELOC members whilst holding down full time jobs! Looking at the photos and the comments, we're very please that everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves and more importantly raised a lot for Tommy's the Baby Charity.

Ian I believe £50, which is not bad going considering that they had about 15 mins to decide to had over the cash!

Hi Peeps,

Now got some info sorted about BoB - The Movie

We've got a submission form telling you where to send your footage, and a quick

sig to give consent for it to be used and edited. Golden rule is to try and send in

footage in as high res as you can, then the editors can copy it onto a master, return

your tapes to you, and work from their master.

Alas, I cant attach files in this forum :(

If you email me paul.cook AT sun.com I'll mail you the pdf, or if you have a seloc login you can get it in this thread

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=28528

I'll return the tapes recorded delivery until I run out of pennies, or you can get

them to/from me via regional meets/events etc if thats easier for you. David Skeggs (tape copier! ) is

round the corner from me so its simple for me to pass them onto him.

Footage of anything - start points, runs, activities at BoB, pax laps, GWR, table footy,

driver handling etc etc etc. Everything. The more people send stuff in, the wider

the coverage and the better the end result.

I'm a numpty when it comes to teccy video questions, but you can post questions

to the resident professional TV editor guys on the seloc thread ...

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=28528

I'm advised anything will do, but as high quality original footage as you've got.

Tape is better than dvd, but dvd is better than nothing etc.

At the end of the day, everything and anything will still be put into the melting pot.

If you've only got Camera phone movie footage, that'll still do, we might find a use

for it.

Ta,

Paul.