Brunty or Bust - 31st July 2004

Felix7

Will be bringing the silent Elise.  Just made the car legal for MOT by putting the old exhaust CAT back on.  Of course officer, will be keeping it that way now.  :devil:

Might not be able to keep up - the Elise is very slow

:arse: .................. :D  :D  :D  :cool:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Felix7

• paulc

• shaun

• Ian Gratton

Thanks for all the support from the Westie owners, very much appreciated!

Still some bargin brake disc rotar and bell sets on the auction site a snip at £120 amd £90!!!

See the attached link below, either print the form off and bring it with you completed on the day or complete one at a run start, the former preferred - CLICK HERE

Complete all the sections, sign the decleration, hand over the completed run form to the Run organiser along with the run payment fee of £20, cash or a cheque for £20 with a valid cheque guarantee card. You will then be able to sign on the MSA run sheet and obtain your run sticker confirming payment and registration.

IMPORTANT WITHOUT THE STICKER ON YOUR WINDSCREEN YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT THE GATE!

Remember you can get the £20 back if you raise £70 or more in sponsorship - so print off this form CLICK HERE and get people to sponsor you! The person raising the most sponsorship wins the w/e for 2 in the Jurys Inn hotel in Chelsea, which includes breakfast and dinner.

Online registration closes today!  Get in quick while you still can.

After today you'll need to print off the form above and bring it with you.

(postal registration closed days ago! )

Hope to see you there, should be a great day...

Only found out about this today, would love to come along tomorrow and do the run in from Blenheim Palace - is it too late to join in as I've missed the online registration, or can I just turn up on the day and pay the money?

BuzzinRich,

You can turn up on the day and register. A form can be downloaded from Felix7's post higher up the page, and brought to the start filled in, and then just pay cash.

A number of us are going from Donington, hope to meet you at Bruntingthorpe.

Rich.

That's it, I'm definitely going now, specially as the weather forecast for tomorrow is superb.  Hopefully see you there then! :p

Yup, as above, just turn up at the run start on the day with your form filled in and your £20 in hand ...

http://bruntyorbust.org/bob_postal_reg.pdf

Or pay £25 on the gate at Brunty

Remember you can get the £20 back if you raise £70 or more in sponsorship, form here

http://www.bruntyorbust.org/tommys_sponsor_form.pdf

The person raising the most sponsorship wins the w/e for 2 in the Jurys Inn hotel in Chelsea, which includes breakfast and dinner.

If you want to hop in a track car for a pax ride, you'll need arms and legs covered, so no shorts/tshirts allowed even for paxes.  Not even the female ones :(  ;)

Superb choice of run down from Donington.

The whole day was extremely organised by SELOC and all for a really good cause  - TOMMYS

Will upload some pictures.   :cool:  :cool:

Time to put the barby on.  :cool:

Seconded, infact enjoyed it so much I forgot to take a peek at the Page 3 ladies.

Also, credit where its due, I thought the chap from Norfolk Constabulary with the Police Exige (yes full blue lights and Battenberg) came across very well.

Like all of us, he and his colleagues enjoy driving (he sort of admitted not quite sticking to the highway code on the way to Brunty) but feels strongly however that you can combine enjoyment, safety and responsibility satisfactorily and this is the message that they are trying to get across equally to Sports Car drivers and to the Max Power types. He did draw a line when it came to drivers of White Mercedes Vans though!

Nice to seee you again Shaun, I enjoyed that last little Blat down the A5, hope you did too.

Cheers

Chris

Nice to seee you again *****, I enjoyed that last little Blat down the A5, hope you did too.

Very sensible - managed to keep under the speed limit unlike that copper - but then always get confused to which dial I should be looking at - left or right  :p  :p

Need to get some of those blue flashing LEDs  like Mr Plod  :oops:

Top top day :D

Looks like the run was quite good fun - and I can't see a speed bump or level crossing  ;)

My run down was pretty boring apart from rain on the M1 - trying to decide on a speed which kept my visor most clear was the only interesting part of the journey ;)

We were parked up on the hanger 11 stand in the morning and then went over to the sprint circuit - can pretty much stayed there all day.  I think we managed to put on a good show and help to raise a bit more cash for Tommys.

Some lucky (or poor depending on your knowledge of my driving ;) ) won the auctioned high-speed run out on the full circuit amongst the super cars and the almighty Lotus Elise GT1 - such an amazing car.  I think I held my own pretty well against some of the mid/rear challenge cars ;) but the GT1 and the Sport 3000 just ate us for breakfast.  It was also interesting that somebody managed to stick two new chicanes in the back straight without telling me  - I wasn't allowed any sighting laps so they came as a bit of a shock - some heavy trailbraking (read not enough room to slow down) and a few big armfulls of lock sorted things out again.

I think Westfield may be getting a call on Monday - my passenger was seriously interested in adding a '4 to his already impressive car collection.

Thankyou all again for flying the Westfield flag - hope to see you all soon.

Ian.

Pat all credit to you and the guys and galls at seloc terific day out sorry I missed you but one of our guys was rushed off to liec hospital with suspected appendicitus if thats how its spelt,I will send on sponsorship monies next week,Cheers Davem

Chris. you leave us downtrodden Merc white van drivers alone!

great day out,I wish your lad good luck with his Mini.

Cheers, Dave