• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Mark Purves

• Blatman

• Tony Sighe

Yep. But that's the lens unit... you'll need a headlamp shell to put them in - unless you already have 5.75" units?

Felters you got to remember Andy cant read, hes from Swindon you know

:D  :p  :D  :p  :D  :p

Andy it does say lenses not headlamp

:p  :p

Felters you got to remember Andy cant read, hes from Swindon you know

Purves you're a cunning little *ugger but I'm not saying a word. It's a short and slippery slope from here to slagging off the Welsh... and I'm already a marked man on that one :blush:

Hi all,

Thanks for the supportive comments, glad you all enjoyed it!

We had enough people attending (about 45 at the BBQ) to confirm it as a success, with over 30 Westie 'types' attending through the afternoon & evening.

I know a few held back because of the uncertain weather (I had some email apologies! ). But the evening did brighten up, and after a few pints.....who cared about the cold? (We stayed in the pub until late anyway!;)

I think this event will be bigger next year as word gets around. I'd be happy to host again because the facilities we had were perfect (central location, big car park, free camping, enthusiastic Landlord etc.). Over time, I hope that other areas will host & invite a similar "Meet the Neighbours" event (could have several spaced out through the year?).

We will also consider squeezing in an event such as a navigator/road test like the Cotswold Tour we did last year - with the added attraction of chilling out & camping over in the late afternoon & evening.

I've got loads of pics (thanks Mark P - got the CD alredy! )

Maybe Andy H could host them for us?

Finally - thanks to all those that came along (and "where were you?" to those that didn't! )

Let me know if you have anything I should add to the article I'm doing for Westfield World (e.g. Gavin doing donuts in the field etc?)

Tony

I've got loads of pics (thanks Mark P - got the CD alredy! )

That was quick, put in post box 12pm yesterday see the post office does work sometimes.

No problem with using them where you like Tony.

Again well done and you can count on support from C7's hopefully more next year as things should be better for a lot of them.

:D  :p  :D  :p

:durr:

Ok...good point.

So is that what a '5.75" nest set' is?

As well as being unable to read, you have to remember that I'm also mechanically inept. What would I need to replace my 7" (presumably) useless ones with more useful lights?

Andy

No problem, drop them over sometime.

You also promised a CD of photos from Keevil earlier in the year?

Andy

Andy - probably. Just pick up the phone and call Steve @ SVC. The 'phone is that square thing next to your monitor with a numerical keypad and a handset with some wire running out of it.

You then tell him that you have a Westie with floodlights for headlamps and he'll do the rest.

Honestly - and I thought I was the mechanical numptie around here :D

Honestly - and I thought I was the mechanical numptie around here  

Mike you are at the top of the ladder compared to Andy.

:D  :p  :D  :p  :D  :p  :D

I have a couple of questions....

Andy, When was the last time you were out at night? and will they make you go any quicker?

Andy - probably. Just pick up the phone and call Steve @ SVC. The 'phone is that square thing next to your monitor with a numerical keypad and a handset with some wire running out of it.

Wah, that sounds scary. You mean I have to talk to a real person?

:0

Andy

and will they make you go any quicker?

Yup, they'll be smaller and hence more aerodynamic :D

Andy

Ner ner ne ner ner :p

Just got an e-mail from Steve with details :)

Basically confirmed what you said, 110 quid + delivery for the pair.

So, what's involved in changing them? Is it just a question of unbolting the old ones, disconnecting a connector, and bolting new ones on and connecting up?

Somehow, I doubt it...

:down:

Andy