• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darren.cudd

• RS WST

• Ian Gratton

• scruffythefirst

mmm not bad but still only a 11.49 @120???  even my plastic pig could probably get that if it was launched right :p

p.s it was 550bhp :p  :p  :p

there is a black one that i have a video of that is suposed to be 900bhp, duno were the link for it is though :(

I wonder what approximately 470bhp in an XTR4 would be like ;)

Craig and I have a virtual shopping list that includes:

Garret GT Series Turbo (big but not too much lag)

Tubular Exhaust Manifold

Racegate External wastegate

Bigger injectors

Forged Pistons

Rods

Cryogen Frozen Crank

Good engine management.

A lot of cash - but something to consider if 220bhp (ok more like 280-290 after the AMD remap)   gets boring.

I think the biggest problem we will have with the '4 car is the lack of revs compared to the old busa.  These VAG engines run out of puff at about 6000rpm - so some quite serious work is required on the valve gear to allow for more.   The KKK turbos on these motors have quite small exhaust housings in order to make the torque low down - but they run out of puff quickley as the inlet site of the turbo is also small.  

I well spec'd garret GT would give you a right propper kick in the back - and they are quite cheap from the USA.  I think the turbos can be had for the equiv of about £400 and about the same again for the wastegate.

We will also miss the sequential gearbox - but again the good old USA have companies that produce 6spd sequential boxes for about $4000-5000 - would just need a bell housing making up.

So....do we start putting a team together for next years TOTB ?

ian sounds like your cars guna be an absolute beast mate :t-up:

btw, dont forget to add the import duty etc to that gt turbo. there are a load of lads on passionford looking into doing a group buy on gt28's and 30's bu think they are going for internal wastegate :)

I think the internal wastegate versions should flow enough for a 2lt at 6000rpm.  If I hadn't blown my engine buget wide open thats what I'd be getting.

You should be able to get round the import duty if your carefull and can ask a favour or two from the seller in the states.

Carefull naming of boxes and devalued receipts can help reduce import costs.

The big engine is a pipe dream at the moment - but you have to have somethng to aim for.

The '4 is coming on a treat now - you can have a peep here

Carefull naming of boxes and devalued receipts can help reduce import costs.

Yeah, 'cos the Customs blokes will never have thought of that... :bangshead:

Be very careful. Deliberate mis-declaration of goods can have serious consequences. For a start, if the item gets lost (and trust me, lots of stuff does.....), the claim will be limited to the declared value.

Mis-declaration of goods for the purposes of avoiding import duty is revenue fraud. Both importer and exporter can be in a boat load of trouble for that, and they'll keep the goods you're trying to smuggle... You DO NOT mess with the excise man. I have a *lot* of experience with this, trust me........

True, but if for example you wanted to ship a turbo, have it shipped to a garage and declare the full value, contents etc but mark it commercial samples, foc.  You should then be able to avoid import duty.  Everyone I worked with at fed ex, ups and lynx all did that all the time.

I think you'll find that commercial samples are difficult to insure though, as in theory they'll be small, and have no intrinsic value to *anyone*. IE, a sample turbo charger probably wouldn't be a fully working "consumer" model. It's a bit like sample software which doesn't work after a specified time. It's worth nothing after 30 days........

It is also reasonable (for the insurance and shipping companies) to assume that samples are not one offs, and therefore easily replaced at very little cost. A big insurance claim for some missing samples is sure to raise some eyebrows......

I spend aboout a hundred grand a year shipping things abroad, so I have some experience with customs, C88 temp exports, multi destination carnets, free domicile shipments, gifts and insuring valuable items, as well as hearing every excuse under the sun that people come up with when trying to avoid excise duty......

As long as the value and contents are declared fed ex will insure it as any other package, even if the taxman ignores it becasue its samples.  Trust me, I worked in the customs cage at stanstead airport for fed ex for 6 months, even packages leaking white powder got ignored by customs and excise.

RS WST

If you are serious about putting a team in for this year then I am up for it. Might do OK in the 1/4 and handling, but would dip out on the top speed. Even a Supercharged Busa doesn't go that quick. :D:D:D

Have already registered my supercharged/Nitrous busa for this years event.

Have to wait till end of month for confirmation though.

Will be Shakespere tomorrow without nitrous for the 2nd round of the UKSTREETRACERS, hoping for high tens or low elevens as the track is going to prepared properly.

Would be good to have a westfield team though.

I spoke to a subaru buddy last night and TOTB are still open to team registrations until early June.

Ok guys - anyone want to get together a list of interested folks ???

This is gonna be a lot of fun.