TEN OF THE BEST III

RS WST

I would be very interested to try and get a Westfield team together for next years event if possible. Half a dozen or so of the fastest cars in the club would be nice.  :p

Trying to get in this years event if I can but need to do a decent qualifying time to be eligible.

Probably a bit late in the day to get a team ready for this years event though.

Anyone interested in getting a team together for next year??

Still worth a day out to see this years event if the weather holds out

See the website: Ten Of The Best

:t-up:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darren.cudd

• RS WST

• Ian Gratton

• scruffythefirst

Front, rear and four wheel drive cars will clash in a supreme test of power and handling that will eclipse even last years most spectacular cars. This time the cars will be even faster.

what is a coned course and a 1/4 mile time then ???

There are three diciplines in which cars compete.

There will be a 1/4 mile sprint from a standing start along a straight runway using timing gear.(drag race)

A top speed trail along the runway. (fastest car)

Part on the concrete section at Elvington is sectioned off and a coned section is set up with timing gear (best handling car)

Apparently the fastest car round the coned section last year was a Dodge Viper which was very quick. Should be possible to beat in a little westie though as they weigh alot.

Some of the best times from last year for the 1/4 mile drag race were: 4wd 10.5secs,   2wd 11.5secs,   fwd 12.5secs

:D

The event is also televised so you also have a chance of apearing on the TV.

Entry is £80 per car for a full day of passes

:p

Results from last years event:

1/4m Drag

Class A front Wheel Drive

Name Andy Nicholls MG Maestro Time 12.48 127mph

Class B Rear Wheel Drive

Name Duncan Couper Dax Rush Time 11.31 123mph

Class C 4 Wheel drive

Name Keith Cowie R32 Skyline Time 9.95s 153mph

Handling

Name Andy Nicholls MG Maestro Time 44.66s

Class B Rear Wheel Drive

Name Nadine Geary Dodge Viper Time 41.24s

Class C 4 Wheel drive

Name Dave Gammon Evo 6 Time 39.61s

Top Speed

Name Sunny Khalsa Fiesta Zetec Turbo Speed 169.7mph

Class B Rear Wheel Drive

Name Paul Whiffin Supra Turbo Speed 180.9mph

Class C 4 Wheel drive

Name Keith Cowie Skyline R32 GTR Speed 194.1mph

:D

id be up for it although to be honest i dont think any of our cars would be much of a match for the busa rush as ive been in it and its stupid fast :down:

be good fun to put mine against yours down the stip though austin :)  i think we both know which would win but wouldnt stop me trying :p  :D

I know of an XTR2 Turbo that may be up to slapping the Dax Turbo round the face...but David Birch won't complete SVA until late June...

Our NA XTR2 did a 12.2 - so the turbo one should be LOADs quicker.

sounds good ian :devil:  :)

i think the dax has run a 10.8 at best but it would all come down to who sits on the lights spinning for the longest :D

We would also be interested in running our XTR4 if you westi boys put a team together.

I think we'd stand a reasonable chance.  If we get a Speed Series winner and their car for the handling ;) an turbo nutter westi for the 1/4.

I think top speed is going to be a problem for the westis - even our slippy XTR2 topped out at just over 150 at brunters - maybe our new XTR4 will pull a little harder once the big turbo goes on ;)

Top Speed

:0  :0  :0  :0  In a Fiesta :p  :p  :p

David

Top Speed

:0  :0  :0  :0  In a Fiesta :p  :p  :p

David

I thought that  :oops:

We would also be interested in running our XTR4 if you westi boys put a team together.

I think we'd stand a reasonable chance.  If we get a Speed Series winner and their car for the handling ;) an turbo nutter westi for the 1/4.

I think top speed is going to be a problem for the westis - even our slippy XTR2 topped out at just over 150 at brunters - maybe our new XTR4 will pull a little harder once the big turbo goes on ;)

mine can just push 160 then i hit the limiter :D

oh and sunny fiesta aint no standard car ???  think its about 400bhp with quafe boxes,diffs etc......very very fast :p

Sunnys Festa is metal - I have a video of it going through the speed trap at last years TOTB - very very cool.

yea i saw that too, very impressive:)  think he is rebuilding it at the moment though due to having an engine fire :(

Sunny's Fiesta has recently broken that record and recorded a top speed run of 178 Mph! See the video of the run here: 178 mph run

Its a mental 2.1 Zetec. Approx 450 bhp. :)

steve