Duratec V-6

darthurs

Has anyone though of or done this?

I am looking into future engine upgrades and wanted something a bit different.

Would the Duratec 35 V-6 fit?

Cheers

Dan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zoso

• darthurs

• Blatman

• conibear

No idea......however.......are you sure it's something you want to attempt? You seem to be having enough trouble with a simple Pinto.......  :0:0:p:p:D:D

Disclaimer. This is gentle ribbing, not an insult, OK........ :)

First a pinto, then the world. :D

Well with all the help I get off you I am sure it will be no be no problem at all. :p

Another reason for me asking if anyone has done this before.

And anyway my knowledge is ever increasing, soon I will be working for a top class F1 team (can't do any worst than McLaren).

I am getting there, just slowly at the moment, you still haven't explained where the ballast resistor fits into my problem. I have just ordered "How To Build & Power Tune Distributor-Type Ignition Systems" to try and stop myself from looking stupid all the time. :(

Dan

AARRGGHHH !!!

Seeing those pictures has re-opened the question of whether I could get a Vauxhall V6 into the engine bay !!  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

One of the lads that works for me worked for Vauxhall and said the the police used to blow up the V6 on a regular basis may not be the best engine for a Westy :(

Looking at that V6 Duratec brings "goes like S*** from a hot shovel" to mind! :p

I like that...............a lot...........

One of the lads that works for me worked for Vauxhall and said the the police used to blow up the V6 on a regular basis may not be the best engine for a Westy

Yeah but a QED/SBD modified one that has been properly built shold be better than what the Vauxhall production line turns out........  :0:p:D

That looks alot like the cosworth engine out of a granada.... ???

Were currently buiding a V6 National supersports thingy.. its the jag engine (which is the same as the ford which is actually a mazda)...

Engine was just built by mountune, dry sump etc and specced to the series it's going in...

340 BHP, ladies and gentlemen we have a flying machine...

It's a bit pretty too.

Yeah but a QED/SBD modified one that has been properly built shold be better than what the Vauxhall production line turns out........  :0:p:D

Without a doubt I did not say otherwise. How much would a well sorted V6 cost from QED/SBD?  :oops:

but it's still a Ford !!....:p:p:p

for V6's - how about Rover, Peugeot, Renault ....

mind you, just been looking on the TTS site at their Supercharged 1400 Hayabusa .. surely the dogs danglies at 320bhp depending on your budget and nerve threshold

V8's now rather dated, BEC's have huge potential but I think V6's will be the way to go IMHO (and of course, you can get V6 diesels as well......) :D  :D  :D

diesel.... uuuurgh.

nothing wrong with ford...

especially when it's engineered by mazda!!!

Rover? are you serious. last time they made a good engine it was a buick...