• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Crash helmet

Richard

I got my self a Sparco Dynamix from Demon Tweeks whilst at Autosport. It even has peltor ear defenders built in. 250 squids

It is a BS5568 A/FR helmet - it can be used both in motorsport and legally on the road (bike or car)...which is something to bear in mind if you wear a helmet ...(to stop your head getting mashed by boulders and birds) ...with aero's.

I haven't yet tried the helmet at speeds where my old helmet used to try and lift off my head - half strangling me in the process

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• felters

Just bought the OMP Integrale plus from Rally Design (£75), had to go mail order as there was nobody local doing msa spec helmets (plenty of bike ones).   Not had a chance to try it out 'at speed' yet  but it does seem to be quite well made for a budget lid.   just need to find a race suit now.

The only difference between the bs6658 and 6658 fr helmets is the fr stands for fire resistant (nomex ) lining.

Regs for 2004 still demand helmet complies with bs 6658-85 type A or a(fr) or Snell sa 95; snell sa2000 or sfi foundation .

ECE 22-05 stickered helmets (most new m/ bike acu approved helmets) are good for BIKE racing but NOT car racing.

Buy as good as you can afford; and most importantly make sure it fits firmly.

Hope that helps

Thanks Scot I have a type A helmet already but its dated 02 94 will that be OK or is it too old?

P.S. Blatmate only jesting about the age thing your only 3 years older than me. Its Doug D. that’s the old fart

:p  :D  :D

02-94........ it's too old........

As for my age......... it's not the years, it's the mileage......

you are far better going to a motorbike shop for a helmet and try as many on as you can find out what standard you need for what your intended use is .motorcycle helmets are designed to keep the head as still as possible on a bike in turbulance just what you will need in your car .

New motorcycle helmets do not comply and you could even be stopped on a track day. You are looking for old stock and might get lucky but I tried 6 before I found one selling to the old spec.

I am told bike helmets are tested to be hit in the same spot once where the old test repeated the hits ie more like your bonce hitting a roll bar as you bang around inside a tin top than the floor :bangshead:  :oops:

Regs for 2004 still demand helmet complies with bs 6658-85 type A or a(fr) or Snell sa 95; snell sa2000 or sfi foundation .

ECE 22-05 stickered helmets (most new m/ bike acu approved helmets) are good for BIKE racing but NOT car racing

Sound advice :t-up:

02-94........ it's too old........

b******* new lid as well as a new race suit. Oh well. So have you got it past the management yet Blatters to let me play with your race car?  ;)

:D  You sneaked that one in  ;)

You're stuffed then :D

Andy

So have you got it past the management yet Blatters to let me play with your race car?

As far as management of the race car goes, I wear the (nomex) trousers........

Oh, Easter.........no need to book me in. There's *much* more fettling to do, so it's just Tregrehan, and boozing....  :t-up:

You're stuffed then

:0  :0  :p  :p  :D  :D  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :down:  :blues:  :blues:  :sheep:  :sheep:  :blush:  :blush:

You're stuffed then :D

Andy

:D

Oh, Easter.........no need to book me in. There's *much* more fettling to do, so it's just Tregrehan, and boozing....  :t-up:

:cool:  :D

Hang on a minute...........

You're stuffed then

You're the one getting married......  :0:0:0:p:p:p

You're stuffed then

You're the one getting married......  :0:0:0:p:p:p

:oops:  Dont do it  :D

Dont do it

Too late, we sent the menus and seating plans off today :D

Andy