• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Peak District Run Out, Saturday 24th Feb, 10am Car Museum

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Great British Car Journey, Ambergate, 10am SATURDAY, yes that's in the morning tomorrow!! for a brekkie and a bit of a run out.ย 

ย 

Weather is forecast good good good, so who is joining us?

ย 

• Like 2

Me. Mee. Meee. Meeee. Meeeee. Meeeeee. Meeeeeee. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคช

Did I say ME!

Pete might - you never know.ย 
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just in case I didnโ€™t make it clear, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! ย Yippee. Iโ€™m coming. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Haha 2

Damn, damn, damn, was hoping for a Sunday run so Iโ€™d have time to bleed the new rad and put the car back together tomorrow. :laugh:ย Sorry, itโ€™ll have to be next time for me.ย :down:

• Sad 2

Iโ€™d got the day off to go to race retro, but seeing as though itโ€™s cancelled I may be joining you tommorow ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 3

Sorry can't make this Saturday. Good job I checked again because thought it was Sunday which we could of made.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Glynn Walters said:

I may be joining you

ย 

I hope so after both going solo last week๐Ÿ‘

1 hour ago, aeg said:

Is itย ๐Ÿฅถ ? Have a great dayย 

Nope. ๐Ÿฅต. ๐Ÿ˜

Another brilliant day out. Here is a mug shot of the attendees ๐Ÿคช

ย 

IMG_6335.thumb.jpeg.be777414070375242340ee60d8728b2c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We plead guilty your honour of getting out there and enjoying our cars together, it was a wonderful day out with friends driving our cars in convoy, love it!

ย 

I chose the car museum to meet because here in Derbyshire it is half term and I thought it might be busy with excited kiddies wanting to see our cars. How wrong I was, the child count was nil, oh well, we had a tyre kick before heading inside for breakfast.

ย 

The Great British Car Journey car park

ย 

DSC04605.jpg

ย 

Jake proudly showed off his repaired front end, it was concluded that a hairline crack in the upright had caused the failure.

ย 

DSC04597.jpg

ย 

Glynn prayed to the Westfield Gods for it not to be his turn this week, as Andrew had broken a wing stay

ย 

DSC04599.jpg

ย 

Warming up inside the car museum cafe

ย 

DSC04603.jpg

ย 

Next we went a run out, avoiding puddles, pot holes and keeping up high in the sunshine on our way to Chatsworth House and the Carriage House Cafe.

ย 

DSC04623.jpg

ย 

DSC04630.jpg

ย 

DSC04626.jpg

ย 

The cafe is located in the 18th Century stable block, but first we needed to stretch the rules a little and grab a quick photo. The stable block is at the top of the photo and the house is behind us, we are not allowed to drive in front of the house so we settled with this.

ย 

DSC04607.jpg

ย 

Lunch was taken in the stable courtyard

ย 

DSC04616.jpg

ย 

Then birthday boy @AndrewBClarkeย had a cake buffet, eat your heart out @Andy Westwoodย @aegย beat that!

ย 

DSC04618.jpg

ย 

DSC04619.jpg

ย 

DSC04621.jpg

ย 

DSC04620.jpg

ย 

Thank you for bringing your cars out and joining us on another great trip around the Peak District, see you next time xxxx

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Julie๐Ÿ‘

Chilly and foggy to start but the sun was shining for lunch time!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

ย 

Thanks for the cake feast Andy C!

ย 

A few from the way into Chatsworth but not great quality Iโ€™m afraid!

ย 

IMG_2823.thumb.jpeg.db76612638a0f5fa3989521db052d739.jpegIMG_2831.thumb.jpeg.ccfc6f1aa79412b5bac99af89be67605.jpegIMG_2827.thumb.jpeg.ac546f234a6c79c0b9a6e50d9f165b13.jpeg
ย 

Wish youโ€™d all turned left instead on the way home the โ€œ2 wheeled photographerโ€ was on the next corner on the Chatsworth estate road but couldnโ€™t get my glove off and pull over quick enough to call you!๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

Probablyย  going to cost me another ยฃ8!๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Nope. ๐Ÿฅต. ๐Ÿ˜

@AndrewBClarkeย that looks like a rather padded jacketย ๐Ÿ˜œย and a woolly hat , you look like a pensioner all wrapped up compared to the othersย ๐Ÿคฃ luv and miss you guys cheers A&B

• Haha 2