Peak District Run Out, Saturday 24th Feb, 10am Car Museum

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Great British Car Journey, Ambergate, 10am SATURDAY, yes that's in the morning tomorrow!! for a brekkie and a bit of a run out. 

Weather is forecast good good good, so who is joining us?

• Like 2

Me. Mee. Meee. Meeee. Meeeee. Meeeeee. Meeeeeee. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! 😁😁😁😁🤪

Did I say ME!

Pete might - you never know. 
😁😁😃😆😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just in case I didn’t make it clear, MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  Yippee. I’m coming. 😁😁😁😁

• Haha 2

Damn, damn, damn, was hoping for a Sunday run so I’d have time to bleed the new rad and put the car back together tomorrow. :laugh: Sorry, it’ll have to be next time for me. :down:

• Sad 2

I’d got the day off to go to race retro, but seeing as though it’s cancelled I may be joining you tommorow 👍

• Like 3

Sorry can't make this Saturday. Good job I checked again because thought it was Sunday which we could of made.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Glynn Walters said:

I may be joining you

I hope so after both going solo last week👍

1 hour ago, aeg said:

Is it 🥶 ? Have a great day 

Nope. 🥵. 😁

Another brilliant day out. Here is a mug shot of the attendees 🤪

IMG_6335.thumb.jpeg.be777414070375242340ee60d8728b2c.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We plead guilty your honour of getting out there and enjoying our cars together, it was a wonderful day out with friends driving our cars in convoy, love it!

I chose the car museum to meet because here in Derbyshire it is half term and I thought it might be busy with excited kiddies wanting to see our cars. How wrong I was, the child count was nil, oh well, we had a tyre kick before heading inside for breakfast.

The Great British Car Journey car park

DSC04605.jpg

Jake proudly showed off his repaired front end, it was concluded that a hairline crack in the upright had caused the failure.

DSC04597.jpg

Glynn prayed to the Westfield Gods for it not to be his turn this week, as Andrew had broken a wing stay

DSC04599.jpg

Warming up inside the car museum cafe

DSC04603.jpg

Next we went a run out, avoiding puddles, pot holes and keeping up high in the sunshine on our way to Chatsworth House and the Carriage House Cafe.

DSC04623.jpg

DSC04630.jpg

DSC04626.jpg

The cafe is located in the 18th Century stable block, but first we needed to stretch the rules a little and grab a quick photo. The stable block is at the top of the photo and the house is behind us, we are not allowed to drive in front of the house so we settled with this.

DSC04607.jpg

Lunch was taken in the stable courtyard

DSC04616.jpg

Then birthday boy @AndrewBClarke had a cake buffet, eat your heart out @Andy Westwood @aeg beat that!

DSC04618.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

DSC04621.jpg

DSC04620.jpg

Thank you for bringing your cars out and joining us on another great trip around the Peak District, see you next time xxxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Julie👍

Chilly and foggy to start but the sun was shining for lunch time!😃

Thanks for the cake feast Andy C!

A few from the way into Chatsworth but not great quality I’m afraid!

IMG_2823.thumb.jpeg.db76612638a0f5fa3989521db052d739.jpegIMG_2831.thumb.jpeg.ccfc6f1aa79412b5bac99af89be67605.jpegIMG_2827.thumb.jpeg.ac546f234a6c79c0b9a6e50d9f165b13.jpeg

Wish you’d all turned left instead on the way home the “2 wheeled photographer” was on the next corner on the Chatsworth estate road but couldn’t get my glove off and pull over quick enough to call you!🤦🏻‍♂️

Probably  going to cost me another £8!😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Nope. 🥵. 😁

@AndrewBClarke that looks like a rather padded jacket 😜 and a woolly hat , you look like a pensioner all wrapped up compared to the others 🤣 luv and miss you guys cheers A&B

• Haha 2