Speed series

skida

Please bear with us a couple more days, the regs are just being finalised, and then the link to the Club area where you can register will be opened up.

• Like 1

I have been working backstage with @Nick Algar - Competition Secretary  on the Store packages to enter the Speed Series, so things are in hand and he will advise when they are ready.

• Like 4

Apologies everyone, we are 99% there, but the  final details need to be right. SSOT all working hard on this.

• Thanks 2

On 10/02/2024 at 14:08, skida said:

Where do I enter the speed series 

Even more basic question from me, what IS the speed series? 

8 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Even more basic question from me, what IS the speed series? 

Hi Steve

The Speed Series is a Championship for the WSCC which helps members get into Sprints & Hillclimbs. These are competitive timed runs under Motorsport UK rules at events all over the country run by Motorsport Clubs. Sprints are at Circuits /  generally flat tracks, Hillclimbs are as they say driving up a Hill as fast as you can. 

So if you have done some track days but want to see how good you really are the this a great way to start in Motorsport. 

If some Speed Series members have got some videos to show a run that would be really helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks epic fun! Do you have to have some kind of race license to take part? I take it there are events all over the uk? I'm assuming it's not a case of just turning up and taking part? 

Have a look at the Beginners Guide which although not bang up to date gives you a good idea of what is involved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Flying Carrot Steve said:

That looks epic fun! Do you have to have some kind of race license to take part? I take it there are events all over the uk? I'm assuming it's not a case of just turning up and taking part? 

It's great fun and very addictive, You will need an RS Inter Club Licence from Motorsport UK, you don't need to take any kind of test, just apply for one, then some minor additions to your car like a front Timing strut. Enter the Championship and then an event and away you go. We do have a guide, which is a bit out of date, but still relevant. See here https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/topic/142023-new-beginners-guide-out-of-date/ One of the SSOT ( Speed Series Organising Teams jobs this year is to update it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

Yes you will require a MSUK Race Licence for sprinting it is just a case of filling in the online form and paying the money! This link maybe helpful https://www.motorsportuk.org/get-started/types-of-motor-sport/sprint/

The Draft regulations for this years speed series have just been posted, within these is a list of the events 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Flying Carrot Steve said:

The other thing to say is just ask questions here, loads of experience and help available. See if there are any Speed Series members in your local club chat to them. But also try and go to your first event knowing some of the Speed Series competitors who will be there and can help. 

• Thanks 1

I started as a newbie last year, it is great fun.  Have a look at my build blog you can see what I did in way of prep for the car.

• Thanks 2

Thanks to all you guys for your very helpful replies 👍👍🍺