Westfield parts department- lack of help

KevanP

14 minutes ago, Ricca said:

Hello Dave,

I sent this email but I don’t received response.. 

“Good morning,

I was interested in purchasing a fullcage for my westfield megabusa seiw.

is it possible to have the fitting instructions for the installation..? To check the welding items and workload.”

I doubt they'll send you such info, in case you use it to fabricate your own etc. Not unusual for manufacutures.

How old is your car? (Hint- it's not in your profile).

Later cars have the bosses already welded in. 

3 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I doubt they'll send you such info, in case you use it to fabricate your own etc. Not unusual for manufacutures.

How old is your car? (Hint- it's not in your profile).

Later cars have the bosses already welded in. 

It's from 2000... I checked; It doesn't have holes in the chassis. That's why I asked... I was hoping to get some sort of response.

I bought my SEIW cage direct from caged laser. It didn't come with fitting instructions, so suspect none are available. But to be honest it's not difficult. 

If it helps, it's a 2 person job ideally, could do it on your own, but not easy. The side protection bars are supplied as bolt in, but I welded mine. Didn't fancy drilling the chassis rails and felt they would be stronger welded. Otherwise take your time, dry fit the cage a couple of time before you drill the bolt holes to attach and all should be fine. 

I done mine in a leisurely weekend. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevanP said:

I bought my SEIW cage direct from caged laser. It didn't come with fitting instructions, so suspect none are available. But to be honest it's not difficult. 

If it helps, it's a 2 person job ideally, could do it on your own, but not easy. The side protection bars are supplied as bolt in, but I welded mine. Didn't fancy drilling the chassis rails and felt they would be stronger welded. Otherwise take your time, dry fit the cage a couple of time before you drill the bolt holes to attach and all should be fine. 

I done mine in a leisurely weekend. 

Thank you ;)

• Like 1

Hi Ricca - I was in touch with Westfield last week and they have had problems with their sales & service emails - I will PM you a contact email.

Cage fitting instructions for cars with bosses, (I think!) are also tucked into the Aerorace Build manual, available in the Downloads section of the forum.

Here

An electronic copy of the old photocopied instructions does pop up on the forum periodically, this I believe covers none-boss chassis. But, it's old, and I have no idea if still relevant to the currently available cages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman said:

Cage fitting instructions for cars with bosses, (I think!) are also tucked into the Aerorace Build manual, available in the Downloads section of the forum.

Here

An electronic copy of the old photocopied instructions does pop up on the forum periodically, this I believe covers none-boss chassis. But, it's old, and I have no idea if still relevant to the currently available cages.

Yes I agree Dave, I found the Aerorace build manual very useful when I put my cage in.