Westfield parts department- lack of help

KevanP

Anyone having issues with getting information from the westfield parts team? I contacted them around 2 weeks ago and whilst I've had some replies from a young lady, she's not been able to answer my simple questions, saying she needed to speak to someone else.....

Nobody answered the phone yesterday or today and both of my messages have been ignored, not happy here either.

Ive just had a reply from them after my chaser yesterday. So they are picking things up again.

I tried calling tuesday and yesterday and today a number of times if you press 1 you just keep getting the  good old answer phone So i pressed 2  and somebody answered straight away Nick who apparently works in parts and he was very surprised when i told him about how i keep getting the anwser phone but if I'm honest i just got the impression he didnt want to speak to me in person it was please send an email 😡

Rule number 1 in business when you have somebody on the phone wanting to part with money try your very best to take there money because as soon as they put the phone down they will be looking to buy the same part from elsewhere. I'm really notsure i can be bothered to send emails backwards and forwards just to buy a simple part .

Bring back Patrick and Jase the old parts boys them could smell a debit card from 100 yards away and would never let you put the phone down or leave the factory without trying to get you to spend as much as possible And Pat worked out over a 3 year period I had spent just over £120k with the factory  mainly in parts just before he left you cannot even spend £20 with them these days

Rant over happy Thursday 😊 😃 

• Like 1

hi i have been trying to contact them this morning left 2 messages no reply yet i am john from corby northants

hi again iv just called again press option 2 got through so give them a call see what happens good luck

Likewise, I have been similarly disapointed with the service offered by the Westfield Chesil Parts Department.

They have been unable to answer the most basic of questions. 

My Westfield failed its MOT for wishbone bushes. You would have thought a common part to stock but took 5 weeks of constant chase up emails to get them. 

Furthermore, they charged £25.70 for shipping and advised they would refund the difference once the cost is known. All my emails asking about this since have been ignored. 

Yes they don't seem to be very switched on at all.

I never bothered phoning, but emailed. I did get some replies but none of them were much use other to apologize. They never did answer my questions via email. I ended up managing to work out my answers from elsewhere.

I wanted to spend around £900 with them, but in the end got an identical part for much less elsewhere. I had to buy the second part from them only because I couldn't get it from anywhere else unless I got it bespoke made - so I ended up spending £100 with them.

As Ash has said, they carry on like this, more and more people will go elsewhere & they will loose the business, especially as much of the parts you can get from elsewhere these days for a much lower price.

I got through today, I pressed 2, spoke to a lovely lady called Amy who arranged for my part to be sent out immediatly. I have had a tracker email from UPS to say that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Night and day the difference, they can do it!

14 hours ago, Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative said:

I got through today, I pressed 2, spoke to a lovely lady called Amy who arranged for my part to be sent out immediatly. I have had a tracker email from UPS to say that it will be delivered tomorrow.

Night and day the difference, they can do it!

Yes I got the same yesterday and from Amy too. Least they have someone who seems to be interested in providing some customer service.

I ordered some parts on line with them on Monday, got an email same day they have been shipped by UPS and arrived Wednesday.

Same evening got a message from UPS saying my parcel will be rescheduled, but I already have it. 
Well today got a UPS messages saying your parcel will be delivered today.

just received a second parcel from Westfield with the same parts?

I emailed Nigel with a link to this thread yesterday, just to draw his attention to the issues members were having, I got a reply back overnight, but my apologies, this is the first chance I've had to come on-line with an update.

Nigel has asked me to post directly the following:

Westfield Chesil apologises for issues that we had with the phone line in recent days. We are investigating with the supplier and hope to be able to return to a multi-line system where the parts department can be contacted separately. Until then, all calls and messages will come through the main office. Please bear with us whilst this is resolved.

Kind Regards

Nigel Trilk

Obviously, from the more recent messages, we can see this has already taken affect, re callers getting responses.

More generally, Nigel did discus the service level issue, and understand the frustration that has resulted. They are taking steps to improve this, and will be putting out another message to the Club in due course. 

• Like 5

Thanks Dave for the update. I can see things are moving much better. My part arrived yesterday as promised. Sadly they sent the wrong part...

Amy was very helpful and shipped the, hopefully correct part same day.

So things seem to have improved somewhat.

• 2 months later...

Hello Dave,

I sent this email but I don’t received response.. 

“Good morning,

I was interested in purchasing a fullcage for my westfield megabusa seiw.

is it possible to have the fitting instructions for the installation..? To check the welding items and workload.”