The Long Way North 2: WSCC Club Road trip 22nd/23rd June 2024

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

42 minutes ago, ianali said:

From this can I take it that gpx routes can somehow be downloaded to an iPhone? 

Yes I have opened them on my route app on my Iphone, they are free to create and view but you need a trail or subscription to navigate the route on this particular app.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

Hi Martin,

Good to hear you can possibly join, we are leaving Scotch Corner hotel at approx 9am to Berwick-Upon-Tweed (as per details in post #1).

As far as listing towns/villages along the route see below but you may be best following other cars as the route is quite complicated.

• Scotch Corner to Hartside Pass : Bowes/Cotherstone/Romaldkirk/Bowbank/Brough/Appleby-in-Westmorland/Culgaith/Langwathby/Melmerby/Hartside.

• Hartside Pass to Henshaw : Meathaw/High Bayles/Raise/Slaggyford/Park Village/Henshaw

• Henshaw to Berwick-Upon-Tweed : Haltwhistle/ Once Brewed/Sycamore Gap/Simonburn/Wark/Bellingham/Horsley/Rochester/Byrness/Hass/Edgerston Mill/Hownam/Primsidemill/Town Yetholm/Maxwellheugh/Cornhill on Tweed/ Berwick-Upon-Tweed

Also you can view the gpx routes we have on the free my route app on phone or PC.

We have a Watsapp group for the trip please let me know if you want adding :yes:

Thanks

Marcus

Many thanks, please add me to the WhatsApp group my mobile is 07764 399081

9 hours ago, MGG said:

Many thanks, please add me to the WhatsApp group my mobile is 07764 399081

Hi Martin, I've added you to a pm with watsapp link :yes:

Honestly guys keep going North to Edinburgh. Just doing NC500 with my daughter. Scenery is spectacular. 
We stopped at Berwick on Tweed, saw an otter there whilst having tea and a cake .. that’s your fault @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative ! 😂

Look at the empty roads and blue skies we saw on Tuesday this week!

image.thumb.jpeg.7e20bc0e6a4d624ac724b839cfb76834.jpeg
Don’t stop at Edinburgh, keep going North! 😁

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

We stopped at Berwick on Tweed, saw an otter there whilst having tea and a cake .. that’s your fault @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative ! 😂

More chance of the Otter hitting Vtec than you 😉

15 hours ago, Greenstreak-Andy D said:

Look at the empty roads and blue skies we saw on Tuesday this week!

Don’t stop at Edinburgh, keep going North! 😁

Glad you're having a great trip and the weather is favorable!

On 10/06/2024 at 08:05, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

Hi Martin, I've added you to a pm with watsapp link :yes:

Hi, I am still planning on meeting you in Berwick upon tweed if the forecast looks good. Would you add me to the group also. Cheers Andy

• Like 1

I need to give the car a shakedown this week and will join if i can. Map files for tomtom will be good as will be without passenger. 

23 hours ago, Ansoeb said:

Hi, I am still planning on meeting you in Berwick upon tweed if the forecast looks good. Would you add me to the group also. Cheers Andy

@Ansoeb I have added you to group pm with link for whatsappp chat :yes:

20 hours ago, scott_prelit now westfield_bumble said:

I need to give the car a shakedown this week and will join if i can. Map files for tomtom will be good as will be without passenger. 

@scott_prelit now westfield_bumble I will email you the tom tom itn files :yes:

• Thanks 1

Hi Marcus and all.

Been out for a ride today and did a recce of the starting point car park. 

For those wanting coordinates they are as follows - N53.34560,  W1.81550.  The car park is actually sign posted as MAM TOR (photos attached).

IMG_9855.thumb.jpeg.0cc88db9ce8216086524e361415c0813.jpeg

IMG_9856.thumb.jpeg.6870322c9c1a0e1f5beeb8381fb3e360.jpeg

We approached from Glossop and the roads were relatively clear (minor roadworks). We also rode on towards Chesterfield and back through Castleton, all appeared free flowing.

Roll on Saturday. 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Comes up as Mam Nick car park in my satnav app. Also just read it can be full by 9am on summer weekends

Eagle eyed @Jim cunliffe has spotted a mistake in the road book page 14 first diagram is not a T junction its a right turn off main road and also has a reservoir on the corner :yes:

EAGLE EYE JIM.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 06/06/2024 at 21:19, Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator said:

OK...

Here are the backup routes for satnavs with many thanks to @Stuart for sorting :yes:, these are .gpx for Garmins and Stuart has advised you need to copy these to Garmin and do not use basecamp software, we also have .itn routes for tomtom's but the forum will not allow these to be uploaded so contact me for these via email if required.

The 5 files are the sections of the route/roadbook where we reset the trip meters on the cars as follows:

• 1 TLWN -  Start to Hebden Bridge (fuel/lunch) (trip reset) .
  • 2 TLWN - Hebden Bridge to Scotch Corner (Hotel) (trip reset).
  • 3 TLWN - Scotch Corner to Hartside Pass viewing point (trip reset).
  • 4 TLWN - Hartside Pass to Henshaw (fuel) (trip reset).
  • 5 TLWN - Henshaw to Berwick-Upon-Tweed.

1 TLWN.gpx 61 kB · 6 downloads 2 TLWN.gpx 112.83 kB · 3 downloads 3 TLWN.gpx 58.68 kB · 2 downloads 4 TLWN.gpx 22.63 kB · 2 downloads 5 TLWN.gpx 76.23 kB · 4 downloads

Many thanks, saved to MyDrive, ready for my TomTom...

Sticker has been stuck, excitement is definitely building 

IMG_0824.jpeg

• Like 5