New Years Day, Carsington Water, 10am Breakfast meet

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Carsington Water Visitor Centre, Ashbourne, DE6 1ST, 10am for our annual breakfast meeting. As usual, our good friend Michael is bringing the Burton Car Club along to meet us and add some classic car interest.

Everyone is welcome and come in any car you like. Who is joining us?

• Like 2

Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

I should be there as usual!

20230101_111228.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Big Andy said:

I'd like to come but I'd after come in my focus st lol

It'll be good to see you mate 👍

Well @Big Andy today will go down in history, how very hilarious, your timing was impeccable😁, so I think it is safe to say that we will see you and Debs on New Years Day at Carsington Water and you can tell the wider group the story😮

Everyone please remember you have to pay for parking when you are ready to leave site. ANPR will record your number plate and you have 24 hours to pay online, otherwise you pay pay by cash or card at the terminal. 

Currently showers are forecast for the morning so I have washed the MX5 today just in case but if we can at all get the Westfield out we will. 

Looking forward to it, see you all there😍

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Big Andy said:

Yes well I was amazed to see that we had called when you was in but to be  greated like that we'll I was gob smacked  it was so  funny  @Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

It was nice to see you though 

We can only guess, you were greated with either "Wow, your 3rd Westfield, how many days are you keeping this one?" or "If you're not in a Westfield, where's my cake?" 😉

• Haha 3

There is a very good chance that we will be joining you, but it will be nearer to 10.30 when we arrive.:d

• Like 1

The weather is looking good!

I'll be doing the normal stop at the A50/A38 services (DE65 6DX) at about 915am for a 930am depart if anyone fancies a convoy.

• Like 1

It's a fresh one this morning!

20240101_092041.jpg

• Like 6

Sorry, didn't make it! Got within 15 minutes, but after wading through many flooded roads, the last big flooded bit - exhaust pipe underwater! 

I think I may have got a short, long story short, within less than a mile of emerging from the flood, I coasted to a halt with a melted fuel pump relay!

image.png

Swapped the VTEC relay in, as it was right there, to get home!

Hope you had a great morning - other than all the standing water and debris on the roads, the weather was lovely, chill, but lovely!!

• Sad 6

Happy New Year everyone. Finally the sun comes outand then I moan that it spoils my photo's, so if anyone has better ones please add them. Here we are at Carsington on our joint WSCC and Burton Car Club meet. I don't think we invited the MX5 club but we came in ours and Richard and Casey came in theirs. Casey's son has a turbo'd Mk1 MX5 which needs to join us at some point pleeeeeease.

DSC04254.jpg

DSC04255.jpg

Our Westfield had sprung a leak on the thermostat housing, a new gasket is due to arrive on Wednesday, it has been fixed with silicon gasket sealer last night although it has not been test driven.

DSC04271.JPG

We went for breakfast at Carsington quickly before the crowds arrived, there was a long queue as we left the restaurant.

DSC04256.jpg

Back in the car park more cars had arrived from the Burton Car Club

DSC04257.jpg

DSC04259.jpg

Next we went to Quacker's for the obvious reason, cake! it's rude to start a diet on the very first day of the year! That sunshine is at it again, spoiling my photo's

DSC04261.jpg

The Cake Meister was in residence and up to his usual tricks by getting the corner piece😋

DSC04262.jpg

Not sharing Glynn's minty rocky road

DSC04263.jpg

ABC here, just to taunt @aeg

DSC04264.jpg

Back to cars, it is a car club afterall not a cake club, here are the proper cars at Quackers

DSC04266.jpg

DSC04267.jpg

And over in the naughty corner are the lesser cars

DSC04268.jpg

Jake leaving Quackers car park

DSC04270 - Copy.JPG

Thank you to everyone for coming out, hope to see you on Saturday next weekend.

• Like 8