Hidden keys ! Sport 250

Jim cunliffe

Help me out please ! Found these keys taped and cable tied to the loom in the ecu area along with what looks like a lock and a rotational adjuster switch (you can see from my post that I’m not a techie) 

Sport 250 2021 

cheersIMG_0012.thumb.jpeg.872e5022a0e7974e04cf4a6f075d1086.jpeg

The SCS website says that the eco boost ECU uses a modified exchange ford loom. 

I suspect that the lock is part of that.

D

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to Hidden keys ! Sport 250
6 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Where’s @Gary Argent? He must know.

Sorry not to be more helpful but I've got the same lock and rotary switch on my loom (also running the SCS ECU) and I don't know what it does either! I'm following this thread with interest hoping to learn more....

FWIW mine was standard fit on the loom that arrived with the kit, and does not prevent me from starting the engine (although to be fair I've not tried twisting the key or moving the rotary).  I don't have the starter button in my system, just the normal key ignition.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies so far ! I’ve another one for good and great to look at ! Around the steering column area there is what looks like an OBD socket and to the left of it a socket that looks like is for a charger , the type you get on rechargeable items !!
l wish Westfield had spent some time producing a manual !!

Apologies for the poor photo, it’s dusty fin drilling the scuttle for electric mirror wires.

IMG_0015.jpeg

Edited by Jim cunliffe
Typo

AiM use a USB socket like that for the upload/download terminal for the dash, I have a trip panel like the ecu plate on the passengers side there, so I've mounted mine on that.

I do seem to recall the Motorsport ecu originally supplied with the Ecoboost having an OBD port, so wouldn't surprise me if the SCS ecu had one too

When supplying kits for Westfield, their German distributor produced an EU6 compliant option. Westfield chose to use this wiring for all of their sales, including UK IVA vehicles. The key was for optional high boost map that wasn't homologated. The rotary switch was for variable traction control (only with additional wheel speed sensors fitted).

Just got this back from SDS Delta !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Give me five or ten minutes and I'll move this into the FAQ section if nobody minds, it will come up again....

OK, moved to the FAQ section. Have also hidden the incorrect guesses etc to keep it direct and to the facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

looks like an OBD socket and to the left of it a socket that looks like is for a charger

Socket to left of OBD port looks the same as I have to connect laptop to the Aim dash (circled below). Connects direct into one of the two multi pin plugs on the back of the dash.

Could be the same for you, unless you have another socket elsewhere for that?

20231213_104053.thumb.jpeg.8524289deb4ecd801676ea87d562270e.jpeg

OBD port and Check Engine Light incorporated into PDM loom (circled red below) on Ford Racing ecu on my 250, presumably a feature on 250’s with that ecu.

IMG_1944.thumb.jpeg.10ca94fe16ad3835a9ee535893952385.jpeg

Moderators: Please delete/hide if deemed to be straying to far off topic!

5 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Thank you for the replies so far ! I’ve another one for good and great to look at ! Around the steering column area there is what looks like an OBD socket and to the left of it a socket that looks like is for a charger , the type you get on rechargeable items !!
l wish Westfield had spent some time producing a manual !!

Apologies for the poor photo, it’s dusty fin drilling the scuttle for electric mirror wires.

IMG_0015.jpeg

That's definitely the port to connect a PC to the AiM dash, I've been using it on mine to configure the dash.

2 hours ago, Gary Argent said:

That's definitely the port to connect a PC to the AiM dash, I've been using it on mine to configure the dash.

Thanks Gary , love so much extra wiring under the dash ! Do you still have the wiring and connectors for the analogue instruments 

6 hours ago, Jim cunliffe said:

Thanks Gary , love so much extra wiring under the dash ! Do you still have the wiring and connectors for the analogue instruments 

Yep, had all that extra wiring on mine. Some I've cut off and / or used switched lives for other purposes, the rest I've just tied back. Still need to tidy it all up properly before I fit the scuttle...