Any recommendations for £20k?

bootleboy

What would you have?

I have just got a new (much) better paid job, and now have a dilema - which company car?

I have a budget of £20k, although can possibly be stretched to £21.5k. :suspect:

The only conditions are that i have a diesel, apart from that, i can have anything.

I used to have a Bora TDi 150, which was lovely, but im not sure if its big enough for me now.

Considerations:

Entry level Jag x-type diesel

Top end Passat (Yawwwwn)

Mid spec A4 tdi 130

Top spec Mundaneo tdci 130

Any others?

Dismissals!: so dont bother!

Skoda superb (had a skoda, great car - wrong image! )

Renault Laguna - previous company had em - didnt like em

Mazda 6 - got one, very good but want a change

Toyota avensis - urrrgh!

Any recommendations on a postcard to the usual address please!

:t-up:  :t-up:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bootleboy

• markcoopers

• Chris Elworthy

• chrisbin

On my 7th Audi so it has to be.........

Mid spec A4 tdi 130

You can also get it chipped to give it 170 bhp'ish :D

Diesel Alfa 156 ???

I had a 1.8 twinspark as a company car for a couple of years and it didn't break down once :)  I'm not sure of the price of the diesel engined ones but they seem to get good reviews

I've a 320D se, and I can not fault it. This is my first Diesel and like you was a little apprehensive, but given that it has now done 38K in 9 months I wouldn't have anything else.

£/spec, I would have to admit that the Audi A4 is better equipped, but in terms of driver fun, the BM is way better. You take your pick.

Also consider the Accord Diesel. Never driven it but read that everyone thinks it's the mutt’s nuts.

If you are doing many motorway miles, and they're not bad on A & B roads either, finest seats you'll ever sit on and best hi-fi......Volvo S60 D5. Much better spec than equivalent BMW/Audi too.

Really!!

Jag or Mondeo, being as it's the same car, mostly........

Comment applies only to pre model year 03

17% carry over Ford components mostly from Lincoln (the car not the dull place)

Or you could of course have a real Jaguar with British Leyland Parts !!!!!!!

I have a budget of £20k, although can possibly be stretched to £21.5k. :suspect:

a) opt out - its much better.

b) for £21,500 : if you asked me today I would get a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Equipe. It is not a Shogun but is a full length tin top version of the L200 - Better Still get an L200 Warrior and enjoy commercial vehicle company car tax at about £29 / month !

c) (TIC) Don't ask me, I couldn't possibly spend less than £30K :arse:

rx8 :blues:

Forget the rep-mobiles (Mondano, Passat etc) and get a top spec mark 5 Golf diesel sport  (GT TDI) or new shape Audi A3 and get the fella chipped up to 170PS or so.

Big might be better in the car park but Small is better round the corners!

Richard.

Thanks for your opinions fellas

Unfortunately the Golf and A3 are too small for what i need.

I have no opt out option! And a commercial type pick-up is just not viable !! Oh, and i dont have £30k to spend unfortunately :angry:  :arse:  :p

I like the sound of the 320D Beemer, the base spec comes in £21 - anyone know how basic they are for that price?

Ive heard too many horror stories about Alfa 156's unfortunately :oops:  :arse: A friend used to work for them 18 months ago

S60 D5 sounds good, but again these start at just under £21, anyone know what the spec is like for that money?

The Accord looks too much like what im leaving behind at my last company - Mazda 6

2 Westfields
If only!! :D  :p  :arse:

Many thanks again for your opinions - just 2 weeks to make up my mind now :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Im so glad nobody mentioned the Vectra!! :D  :oops:  :arse: