Science Corner

Richard (OldStager)

I'm fascinated, do other people dream about these things as well?.....I thought it was just me and Brian Cox!😄

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, stephenh said:

I'm fascinated, do other people dream about these things as well?.....I thought it was just me and Brian Cox!😄

Not just you, I just find it amazing, that we as humans can actually theorise, build the experiment and then test said theory , to come up with answers that even 50 years ago were just pipe dreams. Sill haven't found Blatters lecture yet, but still looking.

@Blatman This isn't the video I watched the other week, but Sabine does explain this , albeit in soundbite comments. 10 minute vid. If I find the one I had in mind I will post that when I find it.

Hosted by Brian Greene - theoretical physicist and mathematician.

Im a closet scientist as well, understanding little of what these great mimds come up with.   I used to read books by Carl Sagan, Stephen Hawking. Athur C Clarke etc. always baffled with explanations of our world and space, little of it sinks into my mind but raises my curiosity even more. 

Lately,  battery science has been my interest, with so many materials being researched on which is best for reusable batteries in vehicles. its big subject on its own.  I always remember my physics lessons on anything to do with electricity and the strange fact that with DC, actual electron flow goes from the negative to the positive terminal.   After watching YouTube videos  on Electric fields i've found out its more complicated than i first thought. 

Keeps the mind occpied I guess/

The more I was taught the more I realised it was just increasingly complex ‘lies for children’, as so few have the required understanding to comprehend the maths needed….and even then, we (humans) still lack a true understanding, so arguably, it’s just yet more lies for children. 

I just accepted the explanations that worked well enough so I could get on with things at the level I was at. Dangerously close to ‘faith’. 

• 6 months later...

Does anyone want me to carry on with this thread ?, I notice no one else posted anything new - no biggie if not .